• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This is the part I don't understand. Mention any critique about the thread topic and it gets distraction tactics of but but what about AMD. :cry:

It's like the Apple people,who answered any criticism of Apple but,but Android,Windows,Samsung,Father Christmas,etc sucks! Like there is some quota of criticism that can only be applied to one company at any one time! :p

What are "poor" people?

Last edited:
Soldato
It's like the Apple people,who answered any criticism of Apple but,but Android,Windows,Samsung,Father Christmas,etc sucks! So many reincarnated Rollos about too! :D
No, it's like you walking into the cheapest restaurant in the country and complaining about their prices. Even if the cheapest restaurant in your country overcharges you, it's still very idiotic to complain about their prices when everyone else not only charges more, but serves lower quality food as well.

And to make it more realistic, the other restaurants don't have waitresses or a cook, you have to go in there and cook and serve your own food.

But yeah, let's complain about the cheapest restaurant that has a cook and waitresses. Got ya

Last edited:
Soldato
Simple. Again I use your verbatim: I can explain it to you if you really don't understand it, no problem.
Well yes, explain it to me please

Why are you walking to the cheapest restaurant in your country complaining about it's prices when their competitors not only are more expensive for inferior food, they also have you cook your own food. How does that make sense to you?

Last edited:
Soldato

Why are you walking to the cheapest restaurant in your country complaining about it's prices when their competitors not only are more expensive for inferior food, they also have you cook your own food. How does that make sense to you?
86% of people prefer Nvidia's products while just 10% prefer AMD so its not a surprise that more people will complain about Nvidia's prices.

Soldato
This is the part I don't understand. 85 pages crying about nvidias prices with gifs, tweet posts, when AMD offers worse products and no one gives a crap about it. :)

And people trying to convince me there is no fanboyism involved. Yeah, right
Well, since AMD is around 10% you said it, no one gives a crap about.

it was stated many times that we prefer to not walk into any restaurant right now.

Last edited:
Soldato
86% of people prefer Nvidia's products while just 10% prefer AMD so its not a surprise that more people will complain about Nvidia's prices.

it was stated many times that we prefer to not walk into any restaurant right now.
So you are saying that AMD is so bad right now that it's not even worth complaining about? Okay, that does it for me

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

This. We shouldn't have to mention it again bencher. Accept it and move on. The 4070Ti which the thread is about, is poor value and should not be lauded.

Last edited:
Associate

The analogy does not work. You have to eat so you have no choice but to buy food. What consumers do not have to do is buy new gpus enmass and as AMD and Nv will find out later this year is that sales are likely to plummet.

According to the steam survey In Dec 2022 2.72% were playing with a 3070, 2.58% 3060ti, 1.91% 3080,1.24% 3070ti, 0.76% 3080ti, 0.5% with 3090.

The true high end of gpus accounts for under 20% of the pc market. What this means is there are 80% of PC gamers who really want an upgrade but Nv and AMD with their pricing is putting up a paywall and telling then to go F themselves. Lower prices and sell more gpus does not seem to be in their thinking.

Soldato
The analogy does not work. You have to eat so you have no choice but to buy food. What consumers do not have to do is buy new gpus enmass and as AMD and Nv will find out later this year is that sales are likely to plummet.

According to the steam survey In Dec 2022 2.72% were playing with a 3070, 2.58% 3060ti, 1.91% 3080,1.24% 3070ti, 0.76% 3080ti, 0.5% with 3090.

The true high end of gpus accounts for under 20% of the pc market. What this means is there are 80% of PC gamers who really want an upgrade but Nv and AMD with their pricing is putting up a paywall and telling then to go F themselves. Lower prices and sell more gpus does not seem to be in their thinking.
It's easy to say "dont buy anything" but there are people still with midrange pascals or even ολδερ that will need to upgrade. With all this drama about the 4070ti, people are going to be led to inferior products that are even more overpriced and worse products. What message do you think that will send?

Last edited:
Associate
that will need to upgrade.

No they do not need to upgrade and they will not until prices are at a sensible level. It is pure economics and the price equilibriam point, supply now outstrips demand.

During the pandemic everyone was on their PC as much as possible and snapped up all the PC tech that was available. That is no longer the case and a severe world wide economic downturn is on the cards for 2023. I foresee a very troubled time for all PC related sales in the next couple of years, Lisa Su has already mentioned poor AMD cpu sales and altered pricing structure.

Your analogy of one sandwich being made with shizzle so the consumers will buy the cheaper less shizzly sandwich is nonsense.

Soldato
This is the part I don't understand. 85 pages crying about nvidias prices with gifs, tweet posts, when AMD offers worse products and no one gives a crap about it. :)
You think if AMD lowered prices Nvidia would follow, do you?

Also how did your brain translate 10% into bad, one's a number the others a word. :)

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
so dragging this thread back vaguely on topic, what's everyone's ok price to grab a 4070ti, myself if it got to £700 id say it would be worth a punt when you compared it to the £650 launch of the 3080 founders.

its still high but compared to where we where performance wise two years ago for the same price its not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom