What does your forum nickname mean??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was signing up for a free email address and wanted something different. I was on the phone to a m8 at the time and wasn't really concentrating - he said "are you listening to me ya dobber?" and there we have it - it was all the rage in "Chewin' the Fat" at the time:p

Soldato
Originally posted by Leud
MoratJG?

The character from Player of Games?

Great book that, dunno where my copy is though.. lost my copy of that and the use of weapons when I moved house months ago.

Must go out and get some more of those books actually, damn good.

bingo!!

chose it because its what i spend most of my spare time doing.

and because i love the book, Jernau Gurgeh ownz.

Soldato
Garp.

It comes from two places.
"The world according to Garp" by John Irvine. A really weird book, but quite funny too, in an obscure way. Well worth reading.

Second:
My old log in at sixth form college was gpr09907. One day we were really, really, really bored during a computing lesson (writing a program to read text in from file and convert the Roman Numerals contained within into decimal, before writing them to another text file.) We looked at each others logins and started taking the chronic p*** out of them, such as Adrian Brown, who had BRAsomenumberorother as his log in.

Someone figured out mine started GRP (it takes the first two letters of your surname and adds your first initial, before taking your admission number on the end of that), and said to me "Hmmm. so you're Gerp".

It was a fairly logical step from there, having just read the book.

Man of Honour
The day I signed up here I just happened to have a WD 4Gb SCSI HDD in my pocket which I had just brought home from work. First thing I thought of SCSI -> Scuzi.

I use it everywhere now :D

Soldato
Originally posted by Scuzi
The day I signed up here I just happened to have a WD 4Gb SCSI HDD in my pocket which I had just brought home from work. First thing I thought of SCSI -> Scuzi.

I use it everywhere now :D

And cos of your name I got Mucho rip taken out of me on GH when I first started posting on these forums cos I called it a Scuzi drive!:p

Man of Honour
Mine's just a variation of my real name. I needed a name when signing up for Yahoo chat years ago, all of the ones I wanted were taken, then just came up with this one. Use it everywhere now, so if you ever see a Davey_Pitch anywhere else, it's probably me :)

Man of Honour
Lifted from the bio on my website......

Though my name may sound vaguely mystical and demonic, it is in fact the result of a ****-up brought on by years of listening to loud music. A few years ago, I watched the movie version of Dennis Wheatley's 'To the Devil a Daughter'. There are several references to a book called 'The Grimoire of Astaroth'. Being thick and slightly hard of hearing, I mis-heard this as Astolath. It sounded like a cool name to use while playing Quake and Unreal online, so I stuck with it. I didn't find out my mistake 'til much later and of course, by then the name had stuck.

:cool:

Man of Honour
Ooh, mine goes back quite a bit. A company called bitboy's was releasing a graphics card to beat all others, the glaze 3d. It looked mighty fine, so in my wisdom I registered the domain bitboy.co.uk. Started using the name bitboy as a way to pimp my website. My downfall came when the glaze3d turned out to be nothing more that vaporware!

Associate
Mine is the name of a beany baby. I wanted to put a picture in my profile on Berkeley's Seti site just to see if it worked, and just happened to pick the pic of kolala from my little daughter's collection of beanie baby pics. Later on I needed to change my Seti name because my name was too close to someone elses and it spoiled my stats lookup, so I changed it to kolala and then joined this forum with the same name.
Here's the pic of kolala..aaah
image001.gif

xgfunk

X

xgfunk

umm, when i 1st got into the net and online gaming mainly, i was into a lot of rap music at the time. and my fav rap artist and to this date my all time fav rap song is Warren G ft Nate Dogg - Regulate, and anyone who knows anything about Warren G knows about G Funk, its just his own kinda Gansta Funk i imagine.

so i thought gfunk was a cool name, and then i had my name -X- when i play CS or [tbZ]-X- so some CSers amongst you may know me :) so thats how i got my forum name xgfunk :D

Associate
Well..I like the simpsons and I was listening to the dance remix one day, I believe it starts with a modem noise and ses "Mmmmmm.......HUH! Computers can do that!?..." then a lot of Dohs... Anyways, in the middle there this chant bit where it goes

I am evil homer, I am evil homer, I am evil homer, I am evil homer......

I just burst out laughing and it stuck with me tell wen I registed in October and so here I am :)

Also known as Quayleman or Quayley. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom