What does your forum nickname mean??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
rare ( P ) Pronunciation Key (râr)
adj. rar·er, rar·est
Infrequently occurring; uncommon: a rare event; a plant that is rare in this region.
Excellent; extraordinary: a rare sense of honor.
Thin in density: rarefied: rare air.

Look at my post count. Need I say more.

Associate
When I went to uni in 98 I signed up for my first hotmail account, and was quite surprised (lol) at the time to find '[email protected]' had gone. So, rather than choose some rubbish number after that I put 999 and the rest as they say, is history. Bizarrely, I have not seen anyone else using it anywhere.

I also use the name After8mink in a few places, cos it amused me.

Associate
When I first started playing the TFC Mod for Half Life I needed an alias, started off as Cryogenics (the people who are frozen so they can be brought back to life if we ever have the technology to do so), was shortened to Cryo and morphed to Cyro.

I've had it for years, and on a napster Chatroom people were drawing fish using the Characters, my attempt was <º)))>, which forms my MSN messenger name which I have had for over three years, <·..,.¸.·´¯`·.¸<º)))> .:. Cyro .:. <(((º>¸.·`¯´·.¸.,..·> :)

Soldato
Discworld novels. One of the Wizards was called Windle Poons, turned into a zombie in one of the novels. I liked the name so i stole the whole thing then shortened it to just Windle. It's stuck now, people call me it in real life now lol.

Soldato
Used to get referred to as a Minx regularly so that kinda stuck, plus I wanted an original name for using ICQ and there was no DirtyMinx on there at the time.

Hence in 1999 DirtyMinx was born.

Soldato
Originally posted by Morte
The mimir (talking encyclopaedia) skull from Planescape Torment, which I played a lot when first getting the internet at home. Stuck with it for everything thereafter.

Also means "death" in portuguese.

Ah, that probably explains why our intranet server at work is called 'mimir' then :p

As for my name it's the name of a cool Sepultura song which was written as a tribute the Kaiowas tribe who lived in the Brazilian rainforest. The tribe committed mass suicide as a protest against the government who were trying to take away their land and beliefs. I started using the name when I first started using the net at uni about 7 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom