What film did you watch last night?

Permabanned
Kwaidan. I actually bought this because of a crossword. I was doing a crossword a couple of weeks back and one of the questions was about a Japanese collection of ghost stories. Of course I had no idea of the answer (I thought it was maybe something Akira Kurosawa did) so I googled for it and the wiki entry came up. I thought "this looks interesting" so I ordered the DVD from Amazon and only got around to watching it last night (DVD even comes with a decent print booklet with the stories). It's not gorey, jumpey, or particularly scary. Visually and audibly it was great though. The sets were fantastic. The music was something else too. A lot of eerie ambience created by lone traditional Japanese instruments or folk singing.

Associate
Anchorman 2 at the cinema with a couple of chums. All three of us loved the first one and found the trailer pretty funny but as is often the case these were the only really funny bits and as we'd seen them before a few times were no longer lol in the actual film.
Tittered a few times and found most of the Brick/Mrs Brick stuff quite funny compared to what most people seem to think.
Overall felt too forced and left dissappointed.
Oh, and far too long.
6/10

Soldato
Speed.

I don't get this film at all, so many LOL moments it's a joke.

The part at the end where he speeds the train up to jump the track? surely if he can speed up, he can slow down?

not even gonna give it a rating!

Soldato
The Butler.

Easily one of the best movies I've seen the last few years. Forest Whitaker is his usual brilliant self and even Oprah Winfrey is excellent in her roll. I was waiting to hate her but she really did surprise me.

It's rare that I rate a movie this high but I'm going to give it 9.5/10.

Caporegime
The Guns of Navarone - 9/10

Bar the special effects, which now show their age, this is up there with the very best the genre has to offer. The cast, story, acting and pace are all perfect and I believe the restoration done on the Blu-ray is superb.

Associate
Intouchables 9/10

Been putting off watching this but finally got around to it. What an utterly amazing film. It's a rarity for me to get to the end of a film without getting bored or just switching if off but this had me gripped until the credits. Might watch it again tonight with the girlfriend.

V F

V F

Soldato
Speed.

I don't get this film at all, so many LOL moments it's a joke.

The part at the end where he speeds the train up to jump the track? surely if he can speed up, he can slow down?

not even gonna give it a rating!

It looks so dated now. Though it reminds me of the great summers.

Soldato
I saw Speed in the cinema and it was a fantastic edge of your seat action movie.
And the exploding airplane was one of the biggest/loudest explosions I've ever seen in a cinema.

It does look dated, now, though.

Back
Top Bottom