What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Contact is such an underrated film, its fun. Yeah its not a masterpiece. But its not as bad as most people say. Based on a good book as well.

Soldato
I agree with latter but the movie is 5/10 for me.

It's not satirical nor dark comedy enough since it is what is is going for, but it passes the time and the daughter does steal the show.

I'd agree with that also, reason i rated it 9 was because of how much i like de niro as an actor, think he's brilliant.

Caporegime
Been on a binge recently.

Oblivion = 7/10
Elysium = 6/10
Prisoners = 8/10
Don Jon = 1/10 (it is that bad)
Ted = 6/10

Got American Psycho lined up tonight, seen it a few times but I love it.

Soldato
Pi - 3.14159/5

Not the easiest thing to watch, but I stayed the course.

Clear and Present Danger - 6.5/10

Watched it years ago and having previously read the book, I utterly hated the adaptation. This time around, I didn't think it was too bad. Though it must be 10 years since I last read a Tom Clancy novel. :eek: So maybe this explains my generosity.

Attack of the clones
This movie is worse every time i watch it
Even the yoda fight is poor when rewatched, the closeups of lee as he cant move from far away, intercut in an awful fashion
Just awful acting by virtually all the cast, even the seasoned escellent actors

Hate it, hate most of star wars now, lucas ruined it so badly

The prequels are "quite unique" in the way they actually get worse each time they are watched. :D So far Revenge of the Sith still rates as moronic ham fisted nonsense, as I've only seen it once. I'm less kind about the previous two.

Caporegime
I'd agree with that also, reason i rated it 9 was because of how much i like de niro as an actor, think he's brilliant.

Actually, De Niro has become a parody of himself, much like Bruce Willis in a lot of ways. Whilst watching the Family, all I can think of is "you are much better than this!".

It's like he is doing this light comedy drama these days just for the pay cheque rather than the arts.

Soldato
Attack of the clones
This movie is worse every time i watch it
Even the yoda fight is poor when rewatched, the closeups of lee as he cant move from far away, intercut in an awful fashion
Just awful acting by virtually all the cast, even the seasoned escellent actors

Hate it, hate most of star wars now, lucas ruined it so badly

All the prequels delight and frustrate in equal measure. I was very disappointed with Phantom and really liked Clones when it first came out. I can see there are two good movies trying to break out but are weighed down by **** poor judgement and poor cartoony characters coupled with adult themes no one is interested in. Red Letter Media reviews nails them

V F

V F

Soldato
I didn't refer poor. You're referring Lucas is so asterix, yet he's been so successful for decades bringing in endless money. Now, If thats crap, then what is good?

Back
Top Bottom