What film did you watch last night?

Easyrider - seriously, can you give the period key a break please? Really...irritating...or...is...it...just...me...?

People still read easyriders posts in the movie section :confused: :D

Catwoman

Yeah still ****.

CGI character leaping about the screen also reminded me of the hobbit debacle. Just couldn't give a crap about an indestructible cartoon character.

Caporegime
I rewatched it over the weekend. I actually thought it was pretty poor. I enjoyed it a lot on the first watch. But it just felt so forced. And Leo's performance didn't seem natural in this role. Loved him in many other movies like Catch Me If You Can.

The bit that killed the film for me was when they wouldn't say "the N word" on the plane. I really didn't buy that two guys who started out the film throwing velcro clad dwarves at a target were going to be concerned about saying "the N word". It felt at that point like the film was wimping out and it really broke the illusion for me.

Caporegime
I saw Mad Max this evening. I thought that visually it was stunning - amazing vehicles and make up - and the action was brilliant. I thought it was testament to the quality of the action that it hung so well together on such a razor thin plot. I wasn't overly sold on Max himself, and I'd need to go back and re-watch the originals to see how well he compares to the Max in those films.

Caporegime
I saw Mad Max this evening. I thought that visually it was stunning - amazing vehicles and make up - and the action was brilliant. I thought it was testament to the quality of the action that it hung so well together on such a razor thin plot. I wasn't overly sold on Max himself, and I'd need to go back and re-watch the originals to see how well he compares to the Max in those films.

This movie's main star is the action sequences and Max himself seem to be a cog amongst many that goes into the machine of all that action. In that respect hardy/Max is perfectly suited a tee.

I went into this movie knowing it's a 2 hr car chase and expected something dire but came out pleasantly surprised.

Soldato
Lilya 4-Ever - 9/10

402629_original.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0300140/

Sixteen-year-old Lilja and her only friend, the young boy Volodja, live in Estonia, fantasizing about a better life. One day, Lilja falls in love with Andrej, who is going to Sweden, and invites Lilja to come along and start a new life.

The story is loosely based on the true case of Danguolė Rasalaitė,and examines the issue of human trafficking and sexual slavery. Danguolė Rasalaitė (19 May 1983 – 10 January 2000) was a Lithuanian girl who was sold as a sex-slave in Sweden late 1999. On 7 January 2000, she committed suicide by jumping off a bridge in Malmö, she died 3 days later in the hospital

Very gritty and depressing, A very good movie which depicts the truth for some people living in poverty stricken parts of the world.

A must watch imo.

+1
This amazing film is one of my all time favorite foreign films (along with ''Turtles Can Fly''), highly recommended :)

Soldato
The Gambler with Marky Mark Wahlberg. I actually really enjoyed it. A good decent into the depths of someone pushing the boundaries for that next win. Great little performance by Jessica Lange as usual.

8/10

Soldato
I saw mad max and loved it.

Totall bat**** mental. It left me with a massive headache because it was so loud.

The action and general weirdness made it amazing.

V F

V F

Soldato
I saw mad max and loved it.

Totall bat**** mental. It left me with a massive headache because it was so loud.

The action and general weirdness made it amazing.

I'm surprised a lot of it was shot in Australia again. As well as some parts in South Africa.

Associate
a few from the last week..

What we do in the shadows - 0/10 irritating 'humour', ! want that hour back lol.
The Babadook - 5/10 watchable but nothing special
Fury - 8/10 very enjoyable, though a bit OTT at the end
Gone girl 8.5/10 - really good, Ben Affleck was quite decent in it I thought.
Nightcrawlers 9/10 - creepy, unsettling and an amazing performance from Jake Gyllenhall.

id agree with that, apart from what we do in shadows...i thought was ok....a mocudrama on the undead...whats not to like..

loved nightcrawler

Back
Top Bottom