What film did you watch last night?

Associate
IF you like Kristen Wiig try Girl Most Likely (2012) Comedy 7/10 and The Skeleton Twins (2014) Drama (7/10) both about 30 somethings...sort of like Bridesmaids (9/10) in that regard...

Suspended
Maggie - 6/10

A nice undertone, but sort of felt a bit dazed watching it, I quite liked it though.

IF you like Kristen Wiig try Girl Most Likely (2012) Comedy 7/10 and The Skeleton Twins (2014) Drama (7/10) both about 30 somethings...sort of like Bridesmaids (9/10) in that regard...

Thanks for these just watched trailers for both, will be seeing them :)

Caporegime
The Age of Adaline.

AkuUXs1.jpg

Time travel love story movies is not new, movie like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and The Time Traveller's Wife touched on the subject matter a little and in some ways, the Twilight movies has the same kind of idea. But when I first saw the trailer for this movie, the premise of it intrigued me a little and I watched it tonight.

In the centre of the movie is Adaline, through a freak accident she stops ageing and the movie centres around her and how she deal with life without ageing. Instead of focusing on the plus side of staying at 29 forever, it is interesting to see how one would deal with keeping under the radar and the down side of out living everyone you know and every one you love/ed.

Blake Lively glows in this movie, I only have ever seen her in Gossip Girls and I have not seen that for a few years. She is classically beautiful in this, and I found myself charmed by her quiet acting and portrayal of a woman with the age of 107. Her natural appearance of distance is perfectly suited to this role.

For all the foolishness of the idea and some plot twist even, this is a very enjoyable movie. I also have a soft spot with movie that can convey a sense of poignancy, I find it is something a lot of movie tries but few succeeds. Harrison Ford is excellent in a supporting role and I got to say, this movie is much better than i expected. However, it is not without flaws, the voice over explanation section takes away the magic a little, but overall I was thoroughly charmed by this movie and Blake Lively as the lead.

8/10

Yeah I know...I really enjoyed it!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Paddington – pleasantly surprised by this funny and heart-warming film. Something for all the family and kids will probably mark it higher. This one is a gem. 8/10

Soldato
Maggie 4/10

Not a film spoiler, but just incase (my view on the film):
Well dont expect much if you are excited for this film. Kept me awake but that is because i was expecting something, but nothing happened... A semi start and a end, thats it.

Associate
Totally agree, good film and I was also pleasantly surprised by it, blake lively and my ford both played their roles well.

4/10. Amazed at the rating it has on IMDB tbh. Ignoring the silly coincidence it was dull, predictable and entirely forgettable.

Forever Young is a better film in a similar vein, it at least had some comic moments to offset the overbearing mushiness,

Soldato
Blackhat - 8/10 Michael Mann can still deliver good action packed cyber-terrorism film. The use of the command line in the film is an excellent touch and far from the usual Hollywood Tech used in the past. But there were some far fetched scenes in the movie as well.

Back
Top Bottom