What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Saddest and one of the best intros ever, huge emotional start to a very good film. (Up by the way).

Kingsman - I loved every minute of this style over substance pastiche. It was a fun take on spies, more Austin Powers gentleman spying than any of the JBs (Bond, Bourne or Bauer). 5/5

Associate
'It follows' over Halloween, only because I couldn't locate The Babadook for some reason. - 4/10, fairly boring and not scary.

Watched Spectre last week, waited a while to see if it grew on me when I thought about it. 5/10 at most, was bored throughout the vast majority of it. Blonde girl saying "I love you" after like 1 day with him made me lol.

Caporegime
The Killer Inside Me. Casey 'Ben' Affleck stars in Michael Winterbottom's adaptation of John Curran's screenplay of Jim Thompson's novel. If you're a hardcore misogynist who enjoys serving up a healthy dose of domestic violence, this could be the movie for you!

8/10.

Associate
I've just re-watched an old favourite of mine - The Mist (2007), still one of the best horror films I have seen and has possibly the darkest ending to date. Brilliant - 8.5/10

And last night I came across a movie I have never watched before, Creepshow (1982)
Directed by George A. Romero and screenplay written by Stephen King, how could you go wrong :)
9/10 just for the whole style and uniqueness of it, really really enjoyed it. Should have watched on Halloween though :(

Caporegime
We Own the Night. Pretty good NY-based drug drama.

7.5/10.

The Fear of Darkness. Excruciatingly poor Australian thriller with some of the worst acting I've ever seen in my life. How this got made in the first place is simply beyond my imagination. It must have been a tax writeoff for someone.

How was Damien Garvey blackmailed into phoning in his usual 'hard cop' performance? Did they catch him having sex with a donkey?

1/10.

You seen The Hunt, also starring Mads?

Yes. Big personal favourite. Annika Wedderkopp is gorgeous, with a rare talent.

Back
Top Bottom