What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Nackt unter Wölfen (Naked Among Wolves)
A German film about Buchenwald Concentration Camp,excellent film,a slightly different take on the Holocaust but enthralling all the way through.

Caporegime
Deep Dark. Indie art house fantasy horror. Directed by Michael Medaglia. Written by Michael Medaglia. Produced by Michael Medaglia. Stars Sean McGrath as Michael Medaglia.

A struggling young artist moves into a basement flat, where he soon develops a sexual relationship with one of the walls. Trouble brews as the wall's demands become increasingly onerous.

Astute viewers will recognise the narrative as a metaphor for the Magyar Uprising of 1956.

It was all a dream!

7/10.

Last edited:

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Tenacious D, In the Pick of Destiny.

First time I had seen this, thought this was great in places the first part with young JB is awesomely funny, there are other funny parts throughout the film but it's not a laugh a second type comedy.

Overall enjoyed it though. :)

7/10

Soldato
Star Wars VII : The Force Awakens - 8/10 - Really enjoyed, a great come-back for the series. It still has a few minor issues but nothing that wrecks the film/series.

Caporegime
Crimson Tide.

Pretty old film but never seen it. I thought it was fantastic. Even though it's pretty obvious how its going to end, the build up to it happening is really tense. Hackman and Washington bounce off each other really well. The whole cast is solid tbh, Solid 8.5/10 for me.

That's Crimson Tide and The Hunt for Red October done. Just K-19, the Widowmaker left. Whats that like compared to the other 2?

Caporegime
Ex Machina - 6/10
(sci fi)

Another to add to my list of "good films with crap endings". From the same guy who wrote "Sunshine", so I can't say I'm too surprised.

The premise of the film was strange even to start with, but you could just about go with it. The body of the film was acceptable, then at some point they realise they've got to wrap things up and it quickly descends into farce. Shame, it was doing pretty well with subject matter that often does not translate at all well to film-making.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
What film in your (as in anyone who reads this) opinion was the best movie of 2015?

This should be interesting! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom