What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Watched the Siege of Jadotville yesterday, if you have Netflix, watch it. I think it was outstanding and very well delivered. Shameful what happened to them.

Just watched it and have to say it was a good story poorly delivered. Appeared to be a run of the mill main stream war movie dumbed down for easy watching or cheap budget ie the highly trained merc firing a side arm from about 200 m from his target. The rolling of the vickers vehicle in the pure hope that the plane flies in that small patch of the sky and then just leaving it there until the next attack; The sniper that seems to be the expert in all weapon, not just sniping; the " they are targeting the ammo storage" scene ; the sgt seeing the attacking plane shout " get out ur trench" wtf safest place is in the trench.

Story deserved to be told, just not on a budget or poorly dramatised.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sisters. My main reason for watching this was fancying Tina Fey. It was perfectly serviceable, nothing special, nothing you haven't seen before. Enough funny bits, some bits dragged, totally improbable in large parts but that's the deal. Tina Fey was hot. Job done.

"My safe word is keep going"...Cena was quite funny in this for his small part.

Soldato
I watched 13th last night.

What a superb documentary, it made me feel incredibly privileged, embarrassingly so.

I can't decide between a 9 or a 10, perhaps a 9.5 however on IMDb I gave it a 10 :)

Permabanned
The Girl On The Train

Really quite engaging! It's no Gone Girl in respect of narratives revolving around the complexity and often times psychotic nature of relationships, but it certainly keeps you hooked throughout with some very stellar writing and cinematography. A few threads have it fall short of a classic however. Feels like Mr Taylor was trying too hard to be 'Finchian' in some respects (even Fincher himself falls short of his own mark sometimes).

Emily Blunt is quickly becoming my favourite actress. She is just one of THE MOST versatile in the business at the moment and there are a couple of scenes in this movie that really illustrate just how talented she is.

Great flick. Go see it :)

Soldato
X Men Apocalypse

Excellent film. Great story, awesome special effects. One of, if not the best, X Men films yet.

I thought it was one of the worst, second only to X-Men 3: The Last Stand in that regard.

Personally it's been all downhill since First Class, the pinnacle of the x-movies for me...then again I love Vaughn, only a handful of movies to his name but they are all excellent.

Not being deliberately conflictive, I was just hugely disappointed in this and DOFP...the redeeming parts of both movies being Quicksilver. Tragically bassfender can't save Magneto who has become a Heroes TV series Sylar level of "am I good or bad today?"

Soldato
Mechanic Resurrection

Jason Statham fan? Then you'll love it. Not a fan of the Stath? Then you'll say poopy pants.

I enjoyed it. Switch of your brain, bury your self in the sofa with a drink and some nibbles and enjoy the action.

Associate
Keeping Up With The Joneses (2016) - 3/10

For what it is, it’s one of the better films I’ve seen, but it is still a lazy and uninspired film which is mostly void of any humour or originality.

Cliché characters and uneven plot, but there are some good gags and the characters do entertain and eventually grow on you.

Associate
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016) - 2/10

With long, drawn out scenes and a large mid-section where Cruise plays house with his dysfunctional family of fugitives, the film ends up being boring, uninteresting, and rarely exciting.

There are some good action scenes which are well put together, but the story is uninteresting, the villains are paper-thin stereotypical faceless mercenaries, and there’s little in the setting to actually associate with.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
GhostBusters remake - 2/10 it was utter garbage compared to the original. I found most the comedy really stupid, crude and unfunny. The pace of the story (or lack of) was all over the place.

How on earth did Sony allow this disaster to green light production yet deny Dan all these years when he had another sequel written up even before Harold had passed away.

Last edited:
Soldato
Flash Gordon, I love this film but it really hasn't aged well (the part where they're riding the jet scooter things is actually so bad it's funny), worth it all just to hear Blessed shout "Gordon's alive!"

Back
Top Bottom