What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Hunter/Killer - 5/10 - Better than you'd expect but still only average with most of the budget being spent on cast and sets and very little on the CGI making it look quite messy during the action phase but quite good during the Submarine/Pentagon sections. The cast are OK, although I'd guess it's a "paycheck" film for the A list stars but the story is pretty poor and the script is just OK. However it was pleasant enough without any serious issues.

Caporegime
Hunter/Killer - 5/10 - Better than you'd expect but still only average with most of the budget being spent on cast and sets and very little on the CGI making it look quite messy during the action phase but quite good during the Submarine/Pentagon sections. The cast are OK, although I'd guess it's a "paycheck" film for the A list stars but the story is pretty poor and the script is just OK. However it was pleasant enough without any serious issues.
Agreed. Not terrible, not great. Gary Oldman was a bit hammy though.

Soldato
Mandy - -100000000/10

Currently 1hr 15mins into this stinking pile of crap and it has taken me several return viewings to get to this point.

I'm a fan of 80's video, i'm a fan of Grindhouse, but this? Very disappointed as was hoping this was a movie i would enjoy. Loads of fake reviews on IMDB too.

Permabanned
And finished - not one scene of this movie was worthwhile. I don't think I've ever seen a movie this bad and I've seen some turds.

Really not watched many films then, aye? xD

I liked the first half a hell of a lot, but once all the ethereal stuff came to an end and the rather tame gore started it lost me. Just doesn't quite go far enough with it's own premise towards the end.

Soldato
Movies are my passion and grew up on 80's gore and cheese. So i can't even say i'm from a generation who wants things now and cannot wait.

The entire first half of the movie could have been done in 20mins and yet what we got was extended slo-mos of nothingness dragging out in the name of 'art'.

Started off poorly, dipped in the middle and the less said about the end, the better.

Permabanned
Movies are my passion and grew up on 80's gore and cheese. So i can't even say i'm from a generation who wants things now and cannot wait.

The entire first half of the movie could have been done in 20mins and yet what we got was extended slo-mos of nothingness dragging out in the name of 'art'.

Started off poorly, dipped in the middle and the less said about the end, the better.

TBF, the Director seems to favour the art-house movement over any other judging by his other flicks (though I've only seen 'Beyond The Black Rainbow'). That's the thing about that genre though, you either like it or you don't.

Associate
Mary Poppins Returns (2018) - 7/10

A fun and family friendly musical movie which recaptures the magic of being a child.

Great acting and catchy songs, although not as memorable or as catchy as in the original, and although most of the special effects look good, they don’t really amaze.

Very enjoyable, although it does drag a bit towards the end and I found the comedy more cringey than funny.

Soldato
Ready Player One - I don't know but it just didn't click really. It obviously looked fantastic and was fun to spot the little things here and there but overall it was just OK. 3/5

Soldato
The Terminal

Had it on in the background while wrapping up, it wasn't as good as the first time I watched it. Dodgy accent from Tom Hanks and it lacked the feel good factor that I remember.

5/10

Caporegime
The spiderverse new Spiderman cartoon 8/10

At just under 2h long and after s 12h work shift I wasn't looking forward to this at all, but.......

The quality of the animation, story telling and overall feel of the film was so good I really enjoyed it. Some good laughs in their too. Little visual gaffs and 1 liners. I would happily watch more like this if it was as high quality.

Soldato
Watched that classic Christmas film Die Hard last night. A slice of 80's action which just works, especially during the Festive Season. 4/5

Now I have a machine gun. Ho Ho Ho!

Soldato
The Night Comes For Us

An over long, over the top violence gore fest. Story was kind of weak but nobody is watching it for the story. The fights aren't realistic and more about watching people getting impaled. The final fight was just comical.

4/10

Back
Top Bottom