1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Lartyconshayo

Wise Guy

I really liked the juxtaposition between the comedic element of the friend and the main story.

I went to see Us last night and it's also excellent and has a similar vibe. Mr Peele is a very exciting director.

2. VincentHanna

Capodecina

The Dirt - Netflix

7/10

I enjoyed this a lot more than Bohemian Rhapsody, even though the music isn't as good (not really a fan of glam metal). It seems to have gotten withering reviews but their lifestyle's made for more interesting drama.

As I'm not as familiar with Motley Crue I wasn't really bothered how accurate the portrayal of the band members was.

3. Lartyconshayo

Wise Guy

Went to see a film I helped kickstart 7 years ago ! "Being Frank": The Chris Sievey story. Wonderful documentary about the genius of the man behind Frank Sidebottom.

Highly recommend 10/10

4. bartledvd

Hitman

Watched a special screening of Pet semetry last night was ok think my wife and i both prefer the old one. 6/10

5. kully1972

Gangster

The mule. 8/10
    Absorbing great cast. Another thoughtful gem from Clint Eastwood.

6. signs

Wise Guy

i watched a couple of these last night , very good , its a bit like a animated tales of the unexpected

7. keenan

Gangster

Never seen Tales of the unexpected. Is it worth a watch?

8. signs

Wise Guy

really dated now mate

9. Combat Fighter

Mobster

I loved watching them as a kid in the 80’s.

That theme tune!

10. IvanDobskey

Soldato

The night eats the world 7/10

Slightly different take on the zombie film and one of the better ones i have seen lately. It's fairly light on dialogue as the main character spends a lot of time alone, but it's very watchable all the same.

Definitely recommend if you like your zombie apocalypse films.

11. keenan

Gangster

Might rather skip it then :D

12. meth

Associate

The Favourite (2018)

Started off quite nicely... very stylish, good acting etc.. but boy did I wish for a quick finish... ultimatley nowhere to go.. 5/10 :D

13. Chojin

Wise Guy

A Quiet Place

Decent enough but not as good as I thought it would be from reviews. It was more diverse than I expected, but didn't go deep enough into anything to make it interesting.

6/10

14. Freakbro

Capodecina

Us - 6/10

Yea, I get he likes to make social commentary within his films and there's the bigger 'message'....but if you are advertising something as a horror then it should at least be scary in some form or another....and it was as flat as a pancake in that regard.

15. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

It was good up until they leave the house, then it turned into just a slasher horror.

16. checjb

Wise Guy

I have just at the end of "Predator: If It Bleeds", which is an anthology of short stories based on the Predator franchise. And by that I mean only Predator 1 & 2 (one even 'stars' P2's Harrigan). It's superb. Every single story is a worthy addition to the mythos and wipes the floor with anything made after Predator 2. These are stories written by people who actually watched and cared about the 2 films. If they filmed them (kind of like Netflix "... & Robots" anthology) is would be awesome. Instead, they let Shane Black make his abomination. Such a waste.

17. Gerard

Caporegime

Kong Skull Island

Yet another Kong Movie where the Aircraft have to get within bitch slapping range for inexplicable reasons. :rolleyes: A Biplane? Ok, a Huey Gunship? Wut?

18. Maximum Triceratops

Mobster

Ok next movie in the lineup - Kong (Endgame) plot - Kong is loose in London destroying the city bit by bit. An unseen Apache Longbow destroys him in 5 seconds flat with 2 Lazer guided hellfire missiles, the end. Will make for a cool movie that will if you can suspend your belief of a 100ft monkey running round London.

19. jsmoke

Soldato

American made. Pretty garbage, disappointing if you know something of the real story. Tom Cruise is a crap actor, hard to take him serious, no story just a lot of short scenes put together. The only good bit is at end whe he is shot.

20. BriT

Mobster

A Cure for wellness - Quite a creepy psychological film that I quite enjoyed 7/10