What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Agreed about the difference between a films own thread and this generic one, I use this thread a lot for inspiration and the movies can be from any age, so having a spoiler in the review would ruin things for me tbh

Soldato
To be fair, there's little reason to have spoilers in this thread fullstop. And it's hardly any bother tagging them if you do. I'd rather this was a safe place to see what movies people are watching without worrying how many days something's been out at the cinema.

Then please contact the Mod team and ask for the current "only hide spoilers for 14 days after cinema release" forum rule to be changed because that's the rule currently enforced here.

Soldato
John Wick 3 - 7/10

Good action film but in truth I think it was over-rated, over-hyped and over-long. Short on story and long on the fight scenes, some of which went on far longer than necessary - I know it's meant to be slapstick, but really how much punishment can someone take before they go down and stay down. And I wish someone had killed that
annoying Arbitrator woman
but unfullfilled.

And if people getting stabbed in the eye or branded makes you squeamish, there will be a few times you want to look away!

Actually had a headache by the time it finished.

Soldato
Then please contact the Mod team and ask for the current "only hide spoilers for 14 days after cinema release" forum rule to be changed because that's the rule currently enforced here.

I don't think that's necessary. It's not tricky putting something in spoiler tags and is generallly a cool thing to do.

Associate
Which ever Mod is editing posts to "hide spoilers" for John Wick 3 please stop. Your own "when to use spoilers" thread says only use spoilers for 14 days after cinema release, and that is now well past for this film so it doesn't need spoilers hiding any more - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/spoilers-please-read-before-posting.18799228/

X-Men Dark Phoenix - 2/10 - The franchise is dead, no one cared about making this film, everything is low effort from everyone except the CGI guys, absolutely dire.

Can you give more detail of what you didn't like.

Soldato
Bushwick - 6/10

I was expecting a full-on cheesy sci-fi style movie and yes, in places it felt like a budget film but overall, the acting was decent and the story, despite being overall a flimsy scenario was actually ok.

Not one I'd avoid watching but don't go into it expecting too much.

John Wick 3 - 4/10

I really enjoyed the first 2 films despite being a little outlandish at times, however, this takes it to a whole new level.

I was completely bored with the repetitive fight scenes and moves, as mentioned above, they went on for far too long and my wife fell asleep halfway through. No story, just action action action.

Very disappointing

Soldato
Spoiler tags are needed in this thread for anything that could be considered a spoiler. It is the film specific threads which have the two week allowance.

Anyone going into a specific thread and seeing spoilers is doing so at their own risk.

This thread, by its very nature, is generic and therefore must keep spoiler tags in.

Associate
Triple Frontier - 7/10

I liked the fact that the story was not quite what I was expecting (I hadn't seen any trailers), but wish there had been more focus placed on building and developing the characters. Thought the acting was pretty good though. The Metallica song, For Whom the Bell Tolls, was really well placed in the film.

Don
Spoiler tags are needed in this thread for anything that could be considered a spoiler. It is the film specific threads which have the two week allowance.

Anyone going into a specific thread and seeing spoilers is doing so at their own risk.

This thread, by its very nature, is generic and therefore must keep spoiler tags in.
This and by it's nature it's to trigger peoples interest in going to see the films being talked about.

Soldato
This and by it's nature it's to trigger peoples interest in going to see the films being talked about.

Exactly, I come in here to find films to watch so spoilers would stop me reading this thread.

Watched John Wick 3 last night, certainly has a few moments to make you wince :eek:. Not the best in the series but a good film to enjoy a beer and turn your brain off, liked the tongue in cheek nature of it as well near the end to add a bit of humour to the non-stop violence.

6.5 / 10

Soldato
Aladdin

Man it's crazy how bad a trailer can make a film look. But I really enjoyed this, shockingly I thought everyone played their roles well.

Will Smith was a great genie, and although Jaffa is very different I find him less comical and more menacing compared to the animated version.

Cgi was impeccable apart from the magic carpet rides but then you just knew they would be hard to pull off.

Its easy to say it's not as good as the animation but I think its definitely up there.

Soldato
Godzilla King of the Monsters 8/10

Dark room, sound up (would be better with a decent setup) but easily up there with Kong for monster movies.

Effects are well done, sounds great and story is pretty good too. Acting is well done especially by the girl from Stranger Things, very good actress.

My only issue, and i know it's a film about giant monsters is how unrealistic the flight combat is. We're talking jets flying within 100 meters of targets to fire missiles, but luckily, it's a very tiny issue.

Soldato
Godzilla King of the Monsters 8/10

Dark room, sound up (would be better with a decent setup) but easily up there with Kong for monster movies.

Effects are well done, sounds great and story is pretty good too. Acting is well done especially by the girl from Stranger Things, very good actress.

My only issue, and i know it's a film about giant monsters is how unrealistic the flight combat is. We're talking jets flying within 100 meters of targets to fire missiles, but luckily, it's a very tiny issue.

We had to switch this off after about half an hour :( Just couldn't care less about any of the characters or what they were doing. Special effects looked good though I guess.

Caporegime
Bumblebee

Probably the best of all the Transformers films imo, fantastic graphics (Cybertron scene was ace) and fight/action scenes I could actually tell what was happening (thanks to Bay not directing). Still cliched and tropey, but fun enough with a bit of heart.

7/10

Soldato
Can you give more detail of what you didn't like.

No problem, the story was poorly though-out with scenes which made no sense like Jean already having "Phoenix" powers in Apocalypse yet now getting them in space (amplified I know), the ending which seemed tacked on (possibly due to Cpt Marvel), the script being poor, the actors bar Magneto/Xavier seemingly being uninterested, especially Chastain who is a much better actor than the role and definitely Laurence who couldn't even be bothered to get fully made up anymore hence the godawful Mystic makeup. The director seemed to be unsure of what they wanted to achieve, the CGI was adequate but looked half-done in places etc etc.

As I said, it felt like no-one involved cared about the film.

Soldato
Bumblebee

Probably the best of all the Transformers films imo, fantastic graphics (Cybertron scene was ace) and fight/action scenes I could actually tell what was happening (thanks to Bay not directing). Still cliched and tropey, but fun enough with a bit of heart.

7/10

We enjoyed it, it's bumblebee so who wouldn't, but it just didn't fit with the previous films timelines at all which bugged me.

Soldato
We enjoyed it, it's bumblebee so who wouldn't, but it just didn't fit with the previous films timelines at all which bugged me.

I believe it was a soft reboot and disregards any previous Bayformers movies. If they can continue with the same light hearted style and toned down action/cgi scenes, i'll happily watch more.

Back
Top Bottom