What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
OP
I watched 6 Underground as well. Agree with the above 5/10. The movie looked good but as with most Michael Bay films was all over the place. None of the characters were particularly memorable (although did appreciate certain shots of the female characters!). Some good action sequences (Magnet's being a highlight) but overall felt poorly edited.

Soldato
6 Underground

Awful, tried to watch but couldn't finish. All style and no substance, typical Micheal Bay. Its basically a load of set pieces loosely stitched together to make a messy and uninteresting story.

Associate
6 Underground. Was OK for a mindless bit of fun. Some of the set pieces were a bit wuh though?

Like running down a dome in Florence and ending up in a completely different part of Italy.

Got bored after an hour but stuck with it to see what happened.

That Hispanic / Latino gal has absolutely the most beautiful eyes though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - watched ahead of IX next week. I had not seen this since the cinema two years ago and I enjoyed it more this time. There has been a lot said about Rian Johnson and his ideas but if Lucasfilm hadn't given him an overall story with which to fit into then who's fault is it that he went his own way? It will be interesting to see how JJ Abrams ties it all up next week. 4/5

Caporegime
The Incredible Hulk. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800080/

I've not seen it all yet but so far I'm liking it. The little references thrown in are good. :)

Edit: finshed watching it. My overall impressions were fairly positive though, in the end, I was also kind of glad it was over. A decent enough film but nothing special.

Last edited:
Soldato
6 underground

agree with most of the above and scores. think micheal bay OTT action turned up to 11. watchable if you dont think about it too much, some good sequences.

melanie laurent in her smalls gets a bonus point from me.

Permabanned
Also watched 6 Underground, dunno why, I had read the reviews in here......

Semi interesting premise ruined by average dialogue, bog standard action (why are all the cars exploding in some way) and flat humour.

4/10 - would be 2 out of 10 but its boosted by 2 points for the female actresses. :p

Soldato
Ad Astra

Really didn't enjoy this, mainly because of the glaring stupid physics issues. And am I correct that in one of the first scenes the main character is actually climbing down a ladder? In space?!
It all seemed a bit random too. Pirates on the moon! How? Why?!
Maybe I missed something but it really wasn't the film I was hoping for.

3/10 at best for me.

Associate
The Machinist. Strange movie about someone who suffers insomnia and starts hallucinating, from what I could tell. The reason he couldn't sleep seemed to be explained towards the end. Not bad but I was expecting better. 7/10.

Soldato
The Machinist. Strange movie about someone who suffers insomnia and starts hallucinating, from what I could tell. The reason he couldn't sleep seemed to be explained towards the end. Not bad but I was expecting better. 7/10.

Great film but hard going and won't watch again.

Random factoid...Bale is so skinny as he misread the calories he was supposed to eat daily and was on about a quarter of his intake recommended for weight loss.

Soldato
Too Funny To Fail - v interesting doc about the ill fated Dana Carvey show in the mid 90's - launched the career of lots of folk such as Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert and Louis C.K even though it bombed - well worth a watch - availabe on Amazon Prime to stream

Back
Top Bottom