What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Great film but hard going and won't watch again.

Random factoid...Bale is so skinny as he misread the calories he was supposed to eat daily and was on about a quarter of his intake recommended for weight loss.

Yes, it's not one I would I would return to in a hurry, if at all. The guy that was in his hallucinations really did remind me of Morpheus out of the Matrix :D And yes Bale was extremely skinny, I almost couldn't believe how skinny he was.

Associate
Black Christmas (2019) - 2 / 10

A formulaic and way below average horror film. Apart from the time of year, it has nothing to do with Christmas, and apart from the murders, there’s no horror in it.

The acting’s ok and the premise is good enough, but the delivery of the story is poor and the attempts to shock or surprise you are weak. Shallow characters, no atmosphere, and no gore make it a watchable but dull experience.

Soldato
6 Underground - BAYHEM/10 - **** YEAH!!!!!!! 'splosions, 'splosions everywhere, with fireworks in the middle, and Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds and Melanie Laurent being awesome.

So the first half a movie is pure Bayhem with the last half explaining the previous Bayhem by using more Bayhem. It's not an Oscar winner, it's not even that a good of a film, but if you like Bayhem as I do then it's great!

Caporegime
One Cut of the Dead.

Controversial Japanese director Shin'ichirô Ueda has surprised and delighted critics with this clever take on the popular and well established zombie horror/documentary/satirical black comedy genre.

This is a movie that requires patience. It starts slow, and accelerates at a casual pace. The first act runs for about 20 minutes, and at the end of it you might be reaching for the remote already.

Don't.

The second act unfolds just as slowly as the first, but as more details are revealed you'll realise just how clever this movie really is. The third act kicks off with gusto, and it's a wild ride to the end.

Ueda produced his micro-masterpiece on a budget of just $25,000, using unknown actors. It has since delivered returns of more than 1,000% at the box office.

I rate One Cut of the Dead at 26.64 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a razor sharp 8/10 on IMDB.

Permabanned
They'll Love Me When I'm Dead

Documentary about Orson Welles's life, though generally centres itself around the making of his unfinished film 'The Other Side Of The Wind'. Love the way it's put together. It's a little 'showy' at times with some flashy editing and some might find that a touch pretentious, but I really liked it. Always been a fan of Welles' work and character in general. Such a lovely, larger then life character with some ironically tragic turning points in his life. Poses a lot of interesting questions about the mythos of creativity.

Soldato
Angel Has Fallen - 3/10

Ludicrous "action" tosh. Best part was the explosive drone attack but after that degenerated into a poor man's Fugitive. All the main actors looked really tired and quite why Morgan Freeman wanted to be associated with this, only his agent knows. Hopefully they will let the franchise rest after this.

Hobbs and Shaw was actually better (at least it knew it was tongue in cheek), which is saying something.

Soldato
Angel Has Fallen - 3/10

Ludicrous "action" tosh. Best part was the explosive drone attack but after that degenerated into a poor man's Fugitive. All the main actors looked really tired and quite why Morgan Freeman wanted to be associated with this, only his agent knows. Hopefully they will let the franchise rest after this.

Best part for me was Nolte going full old man crazy with explosives in the woods, genuinely laughing at loud during that part.

Gerard seems to be developing a few extra chins as well.

Soldato
A Most Violent Year. 8/10

Excellent movie, very absorbing. Oscar Isaac has real charisma and I think the Andy Garcia/Al Pacino type of look about him which would have been a no brainer casting for any of the godfather movies had he been born years earlier.

Back
Top Bottom