What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I watched Knives Out. I personally thought it was a great murder mystery and bought back memories of watching Columbo, which I am sure it was heavily inspired by. It was a fun, twisty mystery romp with some great characters. 9/10 mainly because of the nostalgia and fun.

Soldato
The Peanut Butter Falcon - 7.5 / 10

Really enjoyable feel good movie about a down syndrome young man who escapes a nursing home to pursue his dream of being a WWE wrestler on a Mark Twainesque road trip.

Caporegime
Wind River is a good film. Well worth watching.

Yesterday I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7131622/

I love a Tarantino movie and I'm glad I finally got around to watching the whole thing through because,
as much as I enjoyed the earlier part of the film, for me, it got better as it went on.

I can't really explain it but during the first third or so of the film,
I was struggling to see what the main focus of the whole thing was or where it was going.
Glad I saw it all now. I really liked Pitts's character and the lovely Margot Robbie, of course (even though she's a rather lean lass). :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
painfully close to the truth about Adam Deacon and his ensuing mental breakdown.

Damn I never knew this news! - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...ed-from-contacting-noel-clarke-after-trolling true.

The trilogy peaks with Adulthood imo, don't get too excited about Brotherhood.

I know Anuvahood is a parody but it's painfully close to the truth about Adam Deacon and his ensuing mental breakdown.

Adam Deacon wasn’t in this one. I really enjoyed Brotherhood. Would recommend the whole 3 to anyone great films.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just watched Captain Fantastic, on iPlayer for another 29 days. Not a Marvel movie, or anything close. Didn't expect to watch it all the way through, but found it compelling in a slow, thoughtful kind of way. Might be a Viggo Mortensen thing... he has a brooding presence that adds depth to a role somehow. It's a bit more cheerful than The Road, thankfully, but it made me cry over a character you don't meet. That takes some doing really. 8/10.

Soldato
Kick Ass - epic comedy about how not to be a superhero. Hit Girl obviously steals the show but who doesn't love a totally inappropriate 11 year old girl who kills all of the bad guys? 4/5

Permabanned
@mrbell1984 Yeah, BH was made after all the trouble so wasn't a part of it.

If you like these kind of movies, check out Ill Manors, makes the "hood" trilogy look like a pre-school special, it's very dark and bleak.

Will do. I would have thought the trouble was caused by Deacon not been in that film but the news article was from 2015 so couldn’t have been that.

EDIT: Damn that films brutal, pretty horrible!

Last edited:
Soldato
If you like these kind of movies, check out Ill Manors, makes the "hood" trilogy look like a pre-school special, it's very dark and bleak.[/USER]

Yea, Ill Manors was very good

It touches on the same london broken Britain tropes but its Michael Caine as a pensioner who's had enough and goes a bit death wish.

Reminded me of a British version of Gran Torino, which was also excellent.

Don
Joker - 4/10

I just don't get it, don't get the hype. Phoenix's performance was good but just served to carry an otherwise boring and generic film.

2 Hours of my life I honestly want back. Pacing was way too slow and just seemed to drag on.

Back
Top Bottom