What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Gentlemen - 7/10 - Guy Richie back to making "Guy Richie Type" films and he's bloody good at it! Easily on par with Lock Stock, Sherlock Holmes and Snatch etc and way better than his recent guff of Aladdin and King Arthur. The whole cast was great with Hugh Grant standing out as fantastic but my only casting disappointment was that Guy Richie keeps casting Charlie Hunnam and the guy just can't make the cross-over to movies (loved him in Sons of Anarchy) and as he's such a central character we get to spend too much time with him and it grates to see the actor fail so hard.

The script is tight if a little "over the top fake" sweary in places, the action scenes are well done, the story is typically "Guy Richie Twisty, the soundtrack is great and the visuals are very good too. Other than Hunnam, for me anyway, it's a bloody good film.

Soldato
When we say watched I managed about 40 minutes of "Underwater"

It got to the stage I really couldn't give a toss what happened to any of the characters and no matter how much flesh Kristen Stewart (looking like Eminem's little brother) flashes she is never going to look sexy enough to rescue this disaster of a movie.

Just don't waste your time like I did . . . .

Caporegime
Th

It got to the stage I really couldn't give a toss what happened to any of the characters and no matter how much flesh Kristen Stewart (looking like Eminem's little brother) flashes she is never going to look sexy enough to rescue this disaster of a movie.

Lol

Caporegime
The invisible Man Solid 8/10

I’m forgiving the certain holes in the plot due to the way the film got me staring into the background with a sense of dread.

It kept me entertained and
I really wanted the central character to win !

Associate
I watched two movies yesterday. The first one was Hell or High Water. A movie set in Texas about two brothers trying to get money to keep one of the brothers farm. Would score it 7/10. Good filmed, pretty good acting too and some alright action scenes.

I also watched No Country for Old Men. It isn't the most fast paced movie I've seen, but it is really good. 7,5/10 in score here.

Soldato
Can't believe The Platform is dubbed, only just got Netflix yesterday and was going out of my mind wondering why the audio was out of sync!

That's a relief.

The film was good, I just don't understand the ending at all.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Chappie

I really enjoyed it, robot becomes sentient and learns about life in a future south Africa. Funny, emotional and gripping.

7.5/10

Also watched murder mystery, cheap comedy flick. 6/10.

Soldato
Also watched the hunt after of course watching Hard Target as they clearly taken some inspiration from it.

Hard Target 8/10 for me one of van dammes finest.
The hunt 8/10 also really liked the main character she didn't half pull some amazing expressions

Soldato

I'm a sucker for a monster movie so went to see this at the cinema (pre-shutdown). Love the comment about Eminem's little brother, that is so accurate. Why she went with the shaved head look is beyond me. Not a great film but very mediocre and some truly non-sensical plot elements.
My favourite part was with TJ Miller
getting killed as I loathe that prat. He always just plays himself and I don't like him in the first place so it just grates on me every time I see him.

Caporegime
The Hunt.

Errr, I really liked it. Loved the main character.

8/10.

People willy nilly award 8/10 these days...either they are easily pleased....or have really low quality threshold...

You're allowed an opinion and thats fine, but 8/10 really? Just watched it....It was crap...:p

Clunky end fight sequence......Please director go watch a QT movie FFS

Soldato
People willy nilly award 8/10 these days...either they are easily pleased....or have really low quality threshold...

You're allowed an opinion and thats fine, but 8/10 really? Just watched it....It was crap...:p

Clunky end fight sequence......Please director go watch a QT movie FFS

Yep, people throw around 8's and 9's to any old crap on here it seems :p

I rarely find myself giving a film much more than a 6 personally. It's got to be a bit special to get an 8+.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom