What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Carry on Matron (1972)

l2mjgLa.jpg

"A gang of thieves plan to make their fortune by stealing a shipment of contraceptive pills from Finisham maternity hospital. They assume disguises and infiltrate the hospital, but everything doesn't go according to plan."

:)

Soldato
Carry on Matron (1972)

l2mjgLa.jpg

"A gang of thieves plan to make their fortune by stealing a shipment of contraceptive pills from Finisham maternity hospital. They assume disguises and infiltrate the hospital, but everything doesn't go according to plan."

:)

Quality movie! :D

I am a big fan of Norman Wisdom movies which may not have ages well but are still funny to watch and I honestly prefer them to newer comedy movies. I used to love the St Trinians, Will Hay, Arthur Askey and others of the same era. Simpler comedy for simpler times.

Associate
The Last Jedi

An easy 10/10.

643799529FBCA71DF6AB5B7D49CE2F61888BA4F1

Associate
Quality movie! :D

I am a big fan of Norman Wisdom movies which may not have ages well but are still funny to watch and I honestly prefer them to newer comedy movies. I used to love the St Trinians, Will Hay, Arthur Askey and others of the same era. Simpler comedy for simpler times.

I know what you mean. I intend to watch most of the "Doctor" movies over the next week. It's been a while since I last saw any of them, but I always enjoyed watching them as a kid.

First up: Doctor in the House

LLPLyIu.jpg

Caporegime
The platform. 9/10 for sheer weirdness.

Ok. That. Was. Different.
The Panna cotta is the message....
I think I need to rethink my life, clearly I'm striving for level 6 when the true meaning of life is a lot lower.

Soldato
Batman Begins (2005)

Been a while since I last watched this, and my opinion still stands that it the best execution of a Batman film. Brilliant cast, cinematography, score. A great film. I can't fault it.

Caporegime
Batman Begins (2005)

Been a while since I last watched this, and my opinion still stands that it the best execution of a Batman film. Brilliant cast, cinematography, score. A great film. I can't fault it.

+1

After having seen the film I recall immediately watching it over again! There aren't many films I can think of where that's happened. :)

Soldato
+1

After having seen the film I recall immediately watching it over again! There aren't many films I can th
Batman Begins (2005)

Completely agree. Very underrated film, overshadowed by the Dark Knight.

That scene on the mountain where he says your father was to blame was amazing. Their entire relationship was so beautiful but flawed as master and pupil.

One of the best if not the best origin stories of this comic book-movie era.

And as you said cinematographically, every scene seems to ooze class in one shape or another.

I also liked Rachel Dawkins as the love interest lol..

Man of Honour
Van Hellsing (2004)

This is by far away the funnest film I’ve seen in a long time. It’s absolutely wonderful to see the old school ‘universe’ presented in a way that is focussed on actual fun. The guy playing Dracula is absolutely brilliant - such epic ham!! Hokey CGI is to be expected but.... mostly... it’s actually pretty good?! If not good, then spot on for the vibe they are going for. Definitely benefits from a cartoony aesthetic. The scope of sets, locations and stunts is also vast and impressive.

The weakest point by far is the plot with the ‘duplication of an event seen earlier in the film’ but meh.

If you like the fun side of all things ‘that go bump in the night’ and like things being goofy then you could do a lot worse than this I think. Underrated, I’d say!

7.5/10

Soldato
Under the Skin.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I watched. One thing I do know for certain though, Scarlett Johansson is fit as ****.

It's a little vague now but I seem to remember at the time thinking I preferred her with clothes on after watching this.

These days, I'd take her clothed or naked, not that fussy anymore. :D

Associate
The Bank Job (2008)

"Martine offers Terry a lead on a foolproof bank hit on London's Baker Street. She targets a roomful of safe deposit boxes worth millions in cash and jewellery along with a treasure trove of dirty secrets."

Enjoyable enough. :)

Associate
The Platform (netflix exclusive)
6/10

Got Netflix for a month as a friend said i'd like it. Watched trailer on youtube and had to watch it.

It's about not caring about those below you, and despising those above.

Enjoyed it, but the score represents my feeling towards it.

Permabanned
Van Hellsing (2004)

This is by far away the funnest film I’ve seen in a long time. It’s absolutely wonderful to see the old school ‘universe’ presented in a way that is focussed on actual fun. The guy playing Dracula is absolutely brilliant - such epic ham!! Hokey CGI is to be expected but.... mostly... it’s actually pretty good?! If not good, then spot on for the vibe they are going for. Definitely benefits from a cartoony aesthetic. The scope of sets, locations and stunts is also vast and impressive.

The weakest point by far is the plot with the ‘duplication of an event seen earlier in the film’ but meh.

If you like the fun side of all things ‘that go bump in the night’ and like things being goofy then you could do a lot worse than this I think. Underrated, I’d say!

7.5/10

100% this. It is absolutely dreadful in all the best ways possible. Been a defender of it for years.

Back
Top Bottom