1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Destination

Capodecina

the piece of that film i enjoyed the most was Walken telling the tale of the Monk who burned himself peacefully to death without uttering a word. Such a superb little wavy lines moment, and a nice little tale.

2. Tombstone

Capodecina

This is my favourite part, Walken is hilarious in this bit...just the way he says No

3. Scam

Capodecina

Uhh, No Country for Old Men was written by Cormac McCarthy and directed by the Coen brothers. It's got nothing to do with Taylor Sheridan and his 'trilogy' at all...

4. arc@css

Caporegime

I thoroughly enjoyed Wind River and No Country for Old Men. Recommended! :)

I haven't seen Hell or High Water and as for Sicario, although very popular, wasn't anything special as far as I'm concerned anyway. I did enjoy it but I just found it to be a decent enough but forgettable experience.

5. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

That's basically what I said, not sure why I typed "really" though. :)

They often get mentioned in the same conversations though due to similar feel.

6. Fluke?

Wise Guy

Watched this last night too. I thought the accents would start to grate but actually were fine.
    I enjoyed the hate for the poor yanks also that everyone hates the English.

Some really good songs, preferring the original ones a lot more than the others that they played throughout. Really like the 3 Fire Saga songs, esp the first one which reminded me of Kung Fury for some reason :confused: :D

Mark Kermode quite liked it and Will Gompertz really didn't but I'd side with Mr Kermode this time I recon. 6.75/10.

7. Scam

Capodecina

Fair enough. Yeah there's a whole neo-western label they put on them now. If you like that sort of thing you could try The Old Man and the Gun, and The Mule. I liked them both alot.

8. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

I'll check them out cheers, I knew about The Mule but hadn't heard of the other.

9. i-bert

Mobster

Bacarau

Brazilian western style film. Quite surreal but a good watch

7/10

10. chroniclard

Capodecina

Capone, Tom "Often Overrated" Hardy.
    1.5 hours of tedious mumbling with zero character building and often left wondering who the hell half the characters are.

2/10

11. Jono8

Caporegime

Eurovision: The Story of Fire Saga

5.5/10

Not Ferrel's best but mildly entertaining and fairly light hearted fun.

Both the songs and the singer they choice for Rachel McAdams voice were great.

12. PlacidCasual

Soldato

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot 6/10 it was fun made me laugh in a lot of places but lacked the punch of the first Jay and Silent Bob movie. Not as good as Dogma either I think these characters work as a lead when the story is a bit whackiest and this under whacked.

13. hood1971

Wise Guy

The book was very cinematic in style - and is one of those rare instances that I was not disappointed in the movie after enjoying the book. There is not a large deviation, and sections feel like they were transplanted from the book (well my imaginings for the book) The Coen's were even quoted as "One of us types into the computer while the other holds the spine of the book open flat."

Only other book to movie adaption that I have ever felt truly captured the mood was "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption".

14. llamadal

Mobster

Eurovision: The Story of Fire Saga

2/10 - watched 45 minutes, nothing funny - turned off.
    I like Farrell, the rest of the cast is excellent, dobkin has done some decent stuff but this was a total miss for me.

15. DereksDontRun

Wise Guy

Reboot was awful and I am (or was) a big Smith fan. The jokes weren't new and it seemed like an egotistical cash-grab, and it didn't help that his daughter can't act. In my opinion Dogma, Chasing Amy and Clerks are classics. Clerks 2, Mallrats, Zack & Miri and Jay & Silent Bob are still decent. But, after Zack and Miri it goes downhill quickly... Can't even remember Red State which shows how much of an impression it made, Tusk was just dire and as is Reboot (imho).

16. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Love this film. So well written.

17. arc@css

Caporegime

The Last Jedi. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt02527336/

I can't remember if this is meant to be the one that most people seem to dislike, but overall I enjoyed it. Sure, I thought it had some weak moments but I was actually surprised by how much I became engrossed in it.

Great effects and use of colour. I think that just leaves The Rise of Skywalker left for me to see.

18. Marky

Capodecina

Enemy of the State - 7/10

Decent film, full of chasing, all good stuff :D

19. PlacidCasual

Soldato

I have a soft spot for Jay and Silent Bob, probably would have marked it more harshly otherwise.

20. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Red State felt like 3 films merged into one, like he couldn't decide what film he was trying to make.