What film did you watch last night?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Jay & Silent Bob Reboot.

6/10 had me chuckling in a few bits, but not a patch on his previous work.

Man of Honour
The Green Knight (2021)

Didn't know anything about the film going in or the Arthurian legend it's based on.

Didn't particularly enjoy it, although I did watch until the end. Kind of expecting something big to happen at some point, but it didn't. Not for me anyway or my wife, she was probably ready to turn it off after twenty minutes.

It kind of reminded me of Valhalla Rising with Mads Mikkelsen, which is another film with long periods without dialogue (Mads never says a word) and just a guy on a journey that doesn't really go anywhere story wise. At least that had the good sense to be 90 minutes long and not over two hours.

I can see why critics loved it but audiences are divided.

4/10

Soldato
Night Teeth - objectively a 6/10 movie but it hit the right notes and really enjoyed it.

An easy going romp about a driver drawn into the vampire underworld in LA and an upstart vampires plans to destroy a long standing truce. Entirely predictable and very silly but quite entertaining, knew what to expect from the trailer which likely helped.

Soldato
Paranormal activity next of kin 3/10
Thought the first one was fairly decent as this type of film goes, but they have progressively deteriorated with each sequel. This one is an absolute turd. Don't bother.

Soldato
Thought the first one was fairly decent as this type of film goes, but they have progressively deteriorated with each sequel. This one is an absolute turd. Don't bother.

That's a shame, this was supposed to be the one to get the series back on track.

Soldato
Night Teeth 5.5/10. Enjoyable but it just seems like something I've seen before.

Army of Thieves. 7.5/10. I was hesitant to watch this after AotD but this was actually really fun. My wife enjoyed it too. The two leads were excellent.
It was also amuing to play "Discount Movie Star" too. We spotted discount versions of Hugh Jackman, Romesh R and Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Soldato

It was absolute garbage wasnt it. The worst for me by a while and wasnt anything like the others.

Soldato
It was absolute garbage wasnt it. The worst for me by a while and wasnt anything like the others.

Yep, absolute garbage. The found footage angle was virtually pointless as for most scenes there was no reason why anyone would be filming. It wasn't even remotely scary. I actually thought the first three films were ok, but the fourth and this one just terrible.

Soldato
Yep, absolute garbage. The found footage angle was virtually pointless as for most scenes there was no reason why anyone would be filming. It wasn't even remotely scary. I actually thought the first three films were ok, but the fourth and this one just terrible.

They were fine. The sheet ghost scene in the 2nd (I think) was stupid though. I really dont think they needed to change that formula, it works. They could have implemented smart technology and done something with that instead they go on a completely different route and its just crap. The last third is some of the worst set of sequences ive ever seen in a film.

Soldato
They were fine. The sheet ghost scene in the 2nd (I think) was stupid though. I really dont think they needed to change that formula, it works. They could have implemented smart technology and done something with that instead they go on a completely different route and its just crap. The last third is some of the worst set of sequences ive ever seen in a film.

The second one was definitely the weakest of the original three, but is a masterpiece compared to next of kin :p The final sequences and ending were just laughable. They need to leave this alone now.

Man of Honour
Scream (1996)

Never seen it before but found it was ok for a 25 year old film. Not sure what it was trying to be because I didn't find it scary, creepy or particularly gory. Nor were there any real laughs and it wasn't a complete parody or spoof.

Doubt I'll be in any great hurry to watch any of the sequels unless they are significantly better than the original?

5/10

Soldato
The second one was definitely the weakest of the original three, but is a masterpiece compared to next of kin :p The final sequences and ending were just laughable. They need to leave this alone now.

Despite the berating it's had here, i'm still going to watch it, i'm a sucker for these movies. Expect my rants in the next few days.

Can't be worse than Halloween Kills which I never finished, I rarely, if ever switch off a movie.

Soldato
Scream (1996)

Never seen it before but found it was ok for a 25 year old film. Not sure what it was trying to be because I didn't find it scary, creepy or particularly gory. Nor were there any real laughs and it wasn't a complete parody or spoof.

Doubt I'll be in any great hurry to watch any of the sequels unless they are significantly better than the original?

5/10

The problem with watching it now is it's been parodied & copied so much since, it's not going to have the same impact. Firmly a movie of it's time, it was one of the first 'meta' movies which poked fun at it's own genre and subverted expectations. Kickstarted the resurgence of slasher horror in the 90's, there hadn't been a slasher movie quite like it before.

It was originally title Scary Movie.

Soldato
I've never actually seen a Paranormal Activity, are they worth checking out?

The first for sure, if you like that and want more of the same, check out the first few sequels. There are moments in the first which make me sick with anticipation and suspense when I rewatch.

'it's next to me, I can feel it breathing' - then her hair moves

Nope...i'm out!!! :D

Associate
Jay & Silent Bob Reboot.
6/10 had me chuckling in a few bits, but not a patch on his previous work.
I couldn't even get though the 1st 30 minutes myself, used to enjoy some of his older stuff particularly Dogma and Zack and Miri (very underrated comedy imo).