What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
On Friday we went to see The Batman - 8/10 liked the characters, grim, bleak and the three hour movie worked on many levels

Last night we went to see "Morbius" 2/10 - one of those points was for the seating in the cinema, we had a 4DX type seat. At least it kept me awake, altho not sure if that was good.

Soldato
Death on the Nile, not finished it yet had to go to bed early to get up early. It's nicely made and a great cast. But it does suffer from an excess of CGI there is an uncanny valley thing going on a lot of the time. There were a few things that were jarring an early scene has blues music, but some of it sounds 20 years too early but I'm not an expert. A few changes to the plot over ealier film versions of this story I've seen, no doubt to modernise. They're not too jarring, I'll have to read the book but I'd be surprised if they're in the novel.

I've actually preferred it to Murder on The Orient Express so far.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Fresh... (Disney +)

I found it very disturbing, Don't look up anything it about it, just watch it. I cant even give it a rating just to how uncomfortable it made me feel.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've watched coda and death of Stalin.

Coda is great. 9/10 I saw the original French one a few years back, they are both great.

Death of Stalin. 7/10 it was amusing and bloody hard to follow. I feel like I should have done my history homework before watching it.
That's my fault not the film's.

Soldato
raging......was gonna take the kids to see it yesterday but the local cinema only had it on at silly oclock! loved the first one.

Its great. I thought Knuckles sounded a bit off on the trailers but Elba absolutely nails it. I know Jim Carrey says he's retired now but i do hope he comes back for another.

Best £45 ive spent in a long time lmao.

Associate
Death on the Nile. It was ok, it was long drag to the main point; it reminds me of a bad version of the film called knives out, famous actors with a meh plot.

Soldato
The prestige 8.5/10
As such a serious lack of decent films around at the moment, watched this for about the fifth time. Just a great film, probably Christopher Nolan's best.

So much better that the incomprehensible guff that is Tenet.

Last edited:
Associate
The Bubble (2022) - 4/10

A mildly humorous comedy with a lot of hit and miss jokes, but overall, I found it funny.

The cast are entertaining to watch, although as its actors being actors, it’s hard to tell if they were any good or not and the randomness of the events kept it interesting, although the film was too long.

The subject matter and overall message is questionable and I would have preferred it to focus more on the movie than the personalities, but as a distraction, it served its purpose.

Associate
The Revenant - 7/10

Cool setting, good acting. The story was interesting but got a little messy in places. It also felt like I was playing Tomb Raider with some of the stuff Di Caprio was doing lol.

Back
Top Bottom