What film did you watch last night?

Felt like a very well done BBC / ITV period drama :p

Flawless acting and direction, the cinematography, sound and look was really top notch, but still couldn't shake that period drama on television feel.

The cinematography is what makes it a film rather than a BBC drama piece. The director makes a simple shot like the king sat withnhis wife on a couch look very cinematic. TV dramas don't do this as they constantly zoom in to the actors' faces.

Ultramarines. 7/10.

Borrowed a mates DVD fairly enjoyable for fans of the Warhammer 40k universe. :)

I was a little disappointed with this, thought the quality felt a little poor, its very short for all the hype. Plus I play Black Templar and we didn't get a mention lol.../Geek.

Took the kids to see tangled last weekend, fun disney film, my daughter screamed at the falling scene, but was happy with the happy ever after....and that isnt a spoiler as all disney films finish this way hehe.

Travellers - 8/10

Low budget British thriller filmed in the Hampshire countryside and it was actually really very good. Got past the first ten minutes and i was hooked to the end.

Inception on DVD film 9/10, picture quality 0/10.

The GF bought me the collectors edition with triple play and the little spinning top, I've no idea what the BD is like but the DVD is of such poor quality I'm tempted to get her to return it as it was hurting my eyes to watch :(

EDIT: Appears that there was a quality control issue with the DVD and Warner Bro's will send me a replacement.

The BD looks great.

Ravenche for me last night. Fantastic movie with some nice twists in it. Definitely worth seen 9/10

Dambusters on BR - 8/10 1950's 4:3 picture/sound quality just as it such be (no re-tweaking nonsense), a great story, fantastic acting and real planes (take note 2012 remake!).

Faster - 4/10 Watchable but by the numbers "man let out of prison gets revenge" flick. So-so acting, nothing the actors haven't played before but the english hit-man story seemed like a waste which took time away from developing the other characters (who really needed it!).

The Other Guys

not sure about this one , to be honest its not that funny and the story ,well i dont think there is one. That said there are some laughable moments but just not that many.

5.5/10

The Heavy - 4.5/10

Vinnie Jones did a good job as per usual, but the rest of the cast was a disgrace. Also didn't expect to see Christopher Lee in something like this :p

The cinematography is what makes it a film rather than a BBC drama piece. The director makes a simple shot like the king sat withnhis wife on a couch look very cinematic. TV dramas don't do this as they constantly zoom in to the actors' faces.

I think you missed the point I was making :)

I mentioned that the cinematography was indeed very good.

Back
Top Bottom