What film did you watch last night?

Associate
The Fall Guy 6/10

Proper switch your brain off and watch the action type film. Don’t let the plot bother you.

Fine if you don’t go in expecting Shakespeare.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
A couple on the plane back home…

57 Seconds

A magic ring lets some guy go back 57 seconds in time. Predictable and a bit boring.

4/10

The Beekeeper

Silly plot. Statham doing his thing of unrealistically kicking ass and dodging bullets.

3/10

Soldato
The Fall Guy 6/10

Proper switch your brain off and watch the action type film. Don’t let the plot bother you.

Fine if you don’t go in expecting Shakespeare.

Without spoilers please - but is Lee Majors in it and does he write the theme tune / sing the theme tune?

Associate
"In the land of saints and sinners" on Netflix. Actually one of Liam Neesons better films of late, which to be fair isn't saying a lot. Plays a much more complicated character than normal. Some decent supporting performances too.

6.5/10

Soldato
Godzilla minus one:

Negatives out the way
The lead character is a dick imo. Obviously stems from the beginning on island(no spoilers), I do warm to him but not enough given length of film.
Some CGI is a bit ropey.
some really daft moments.

Positives
so gripping, draws you in considering its a foreign film.
some special effects i found my jaw dropping.
the final battle was on the edge of my seat.
the movie score is immense
the sound effects had my sub going nuts:cry:

But all in all I loved the film. one of the best movies ive seen in a while, i would give it 9.5, but chopping it to 8.5 because of the lead character is a dick.

could watch it over n over

Last edited:
Associate
The Fall Guy (2024) - 6/10

It would have been good as a quirky romance or as a tribute to the Hollywood stuntman or as an action comedy caper, but trying to combine all three just didn’t work for me.

The pacing is poor with a slow start and long run time, the plot is ridiculous and isn’t really that engaging and the fun action scenes are spoiled by cutting away too frequently.

The cast and acting are great and the stunts are explosively entertaining but it lacked cohesion and overall, I was quite disappointed.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
The Fall Guy 7/10. I thought it was good and quite enjoyed it. It was a little cheesy but it's that type of movie. The cast was great and the stunts was superb too. Definitely worth at least a once off as Gosling and Blunt were quite funny in their relationship. The story is corny but it does the job if you switch off and enjoy.

Without spoilers please - but is Lee Majors in it and does he write the theme tune / sing the theme tune?
Yes he in it and so is the theme. He doesn't sing it live if that's what your expecting but it plays and I know he did sing the original.

Arthur the King - surprisingly pretty good. I love a good companion movie and no better setting that a Extreme adventure race. It has been adapted by Hollywood but has not strayed too much from the true story. Mark is pretty solid, as well as his crew. 7.5/10

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Bullet Train (2022) - surprisingly quite enjoyable switch off brain job - normally I find these a bit too silly/too over the top and don't make it beyond 20 minutes or so.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

Currently re watching the reboot/remake trilogy ready for the forth instalment next weekend.

Still a good film and the CGI stands the test of time for the most part.

7/10

Soldato
Unfrosted:
watched earlier, you need to be seriously dumb yourself to the limit, but even then, its a hell no. couple of chuckles but its no, all i kept thinking was why am i watching this drivel :cry:
2/10 at most

Associate
the iron claw, really enjoyed this one, about a wrestling family in the 80s, never heard of them as enjoyed the wrestling in the late 90s early 2000s as a youngster, the film really got dark in the 2nd half, some tragic scenes, 7/10

Last edited:
Associate
The Land of Saints and Sinners (Netflix)

Surprisingly good "assassin takes on one more job before retirement" thriller based in Ireland and starring Liam Neeson amongst others.

Think it benefits hugely by not being made or set in the USA so there is some actual depth to it, developed characters etc

Man of Honour
The Fall Guy (2024)

Not as funny as it thinks it is and for a film about a stuntmen there are too many scenes with nothing of any real interest going on, since the plot is so paper thin in the first place.

Probably a lot of in jokes or references if you work in the film industry that aren't going to land for the majority of the audience. Aaron Taylor Johnson is a bit wasted and isn't in the film enough to warrant third billing.

More disappointing is it's The Fall Guy in name only and bears no resemblance to the TV series, save for the truck and character names. And you've go on to wait for the mid credits scene to get your Lee Majors and Heather Thomas fix.

On the plus side the the action is good, the soundtrack is decent and Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt do have decent chemistry together.

Overall probably a 4/10 but I'm going to give an extra point because RG is so so handsome. (Yes I'm a straight man)

5/10

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
The Land of Saints and Sinners (Netflix)

Surprisingly good "assassin takes on one more job before retirement" thriller based in Ireland and starring Liam Neeson amongst others.

Think it benefits hugely by not being made or set in the USA so there is some actual depth to it, developed characters etc
Nice will check it out. Thx

Back
Top Bottom