What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Shame (2011)

Micheal Fassbender plays a sex addict who struggles to connect or be intimate with anybody. Carey Mulligan plays his sister with whom he has a strained relationship.

It's a well made and well acted film but you feel a little disconnected with the main character, because you feel like you aren't getting the full story.

6.5/10

Associate
The Outfit (2022) 8/10

Just love gangster films, from James Cagney Public Enemy to Kevin Costner in The Untouchables.

Hitchcockesque story with a great cast, I really enjoyed this film. If only it had been filmed in black and white...

Man of Honour
Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Even though it's quite a shallow film, the actors, the film style and atmosphere elevate it in to something that's very entertaining to watch.

7/10

Last edited:
Soldato
The Promised Land - 7/10.

Always enjoy Mads Mikkelsen’s Danish films, and this one was no exception. Who else could pull off a military man/potato farmer in the 1700s going against Danish landowners with their own designs on the heathland he wants to cultivate.

Enjoyable film :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Godzilla XXX Kong - Something Empire - 8/10

BIG APE USED SMOL APE AS A FLAIL AND BEAT UP BAD APES BIGTIME!

I mean seriously this was brilliant and hilarious at the same time! Godzilla in this is just a raging, angry pitbull just waiting to be unleashed and I was loving every moment of it. After watching Dan Stevens hammer through his superb character in Abigail I was surprised to see him in this too as I avoided the additional trailers for this film.

We get to see a kaiju spear followed by vertical suplex, a graceful kaiju swan dive off a cliff, mothra gatecrashing a fight to tell off both of them to stop arguing for one minute before Spikeyboi decides to 'Baltimore' a load of bridges and then at the end he decides to sleep in his Coliseaum to rest....just when Italy had almost finished cleaning up the mess he made earlier upon leaving it!

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Midsommar - 3/10 - After hearing the hype and having not seen this before, I am a little baffled how this can be considered a brilliant and scary movie. I know there meant to be a lot of subtle meanings and emphasis on their cult and beliefs but it was too long and boring tbh. I really didnt give a **** about any of the characters or what happened to them at all. Maybe its too subtle for me but definitely not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Here directly from Wikipedia

"Midsommar is a 2019 folk horror film written and directed by Ari Aster"

I have never heard of anyone trying to make a horror movie that wasnt scary.
Broadly speaking it's a horror film, but not every horror film is scary. You sound like you might not be the target audience.

Soldato
Midsommar - 3/10 - After hearing the hype and having not seen this before, I am a little baffled how this can be considered a brilliant and scary movie. I know there meant to be a lot of subtle meanings and emphasis on their cult and beliefs but it was too long and boring tbh. I really didnt give a **** about any of the characters or what happened to them at all. Maybe its too subtle for me but definitely not my cup of tea.
When i first watched it i didn't like it either.

I gave it a second viewing because of all the rave reviews and did enjoy it more.

Still not as good as The Wicker Man (1973) though.

Reactions: Kyo
Caporegime
Rebel Moon: Part Two - The Scargiver (2024) - 4/10

Watchable but kind of pointless eye candy with plenty of slow motion farming.

The plot is less varied than the first part with a singular theme but nothing much interesting or engaging happens until the second half which is full of stylish and impressive battle scenes.

The CGI’s excellent but the moody theme would have been better had the film had a higher age rating, showing the violence and blood instead of cutting away each time.

The dialogue’s trite, the characters get little if any development and whilst the score is dramatic, the delivery rarely is.

the R rating verion of both films is meant to be out soon. I agree, they will be better for it

Back
Top Bottom