What game did you play last?

Soldato
OP
Had an Amazon order delivered today and ended up having about 20 rounds of Batman: Love letter - excellent quick game that my 7 year old loved (very tempted to pick up the adventure time set too as its soo cheap)

Also had a game of star realms with the wife which was great fun (I loved the app so decided to take a punt) its also a cheaper entry to deck building for my wife before hopefully picking up Marvel Legendary.

Also got Ticket to ride Europe delivered but I'm working tomorrow after a 12 day break so that will wait for another night

Soldato
Yesterday we played a trial round of Spartacus with 2 players playing 2 houses each. Easy enough to pick up but simply not playable with two. My dad crushed me though and also injured one of my gladiators

We also played Discworld at which we now stand 1 - 1 :p

Today we hit up Thunder Alley, a phenominal NASCAR game, in which I've yet to win in 4 games :p

Since the lounge got taken over this evening I got Stone Age out, screwed up the rules and still lost again! :D

Much fun to be had though :)

Soldato
OP
Played a couple of games of Star Realms with the wife again last night, she has downloaded the app to her ipad so she can practice more. (ended 2-0 to me:))

also played a quick round of Love Letter again.

Soldato
eohwZUwl.jpg

Played some Forbidden Stars yesterday for the first time. It's one of those games that's utterly daunting when you first flick through the rule book but it's easy enough to remember the rules once you've played a few turns. I'm glad I watched a few videos of people playing it before diving in.

I played Orks and managed to Zerg Rush my way across the board to victory. I'd really like to play it again now that we've got a hang of the rules and the potential strategies. I love that it's asymmetrical.

We also played a couple of the classics - Forbidden Desert and Lords of Waterdeep (with the pretty much mandatory Scoundrels of Skullport expansion).

Soldato
Would like to know how it works with 2 players. Love the game but only played 4 player

I think "two player XCOM with the wife" is a wonderful euphemism for "abducting" her and giving her a good probing. :D

Played a solo game of Viceroy to test out the mechanics. Looking forward to getting a real game of it tonight.

Associate
Beat the Hubby at Star Realm last night... (Also like how he failed to mention I've beat him twice now )

Can't wait to play Ticket to Ride during his days off and getting to grips with Magic.
Loving The Batman love letters game too.

Associate
Played Brewcrafters this evening, its a great worker placement game, with good depth, and quite possibly the largest number of components I've seen in a game for a while. Takes a while to setup, but plays really well.

Soldato
How on Earth did the game take you over 3 hours? I've played four player games in about an hour...

How did you manage that? It seems to take most of the night when it's played down the pub.

Anyway, Tuesday night was Elysium (got tubbed by almost 30 points) and Camel Up (quite tight, everyone made good bank). We're now making plans for the next game of Eldritch Horror and Fief.

Soldato
OP
Had a game of Magic: the gathering with the wife last night as we purchased the armed and dangerous clash pack.

its the first time either of us have played off the app so it took a while but we both enjoyed it, just need to understand the rules a bit more so its a more streamlined game.

Associate
We were all new to the game. Perhaps we got the rules of where to shuffle the Blood Bowl into the pack wrong?

I've had a game of that with new players take about that long also. If you have someone who knows the rules well then it goes fairly quickly, but it can get bogged down.

Hated it the first time i played it because of that, but the 2nd time (a year or so later) it went nice and smooth and completely changed my opinion of the game.

Associate
We were all new to the game. Perhaps we got the rules of where to shuffle the Blood Bowl into the pack wrong?

Hmm, JeditOJanen is in agreement with you so perhaps I've just played a few exceptionally quick games.

If memory serves right there is only 5 rounds in the game. I couldn't see each round taking half an hour when each player only plays 6 (again, from memory and may be wrong) cards in total.

Regardless, it's a good game and I hope you give it another go!

Associate
Flip City - An alright at best deck building game. There doesn't seem to be more than a couple of paths to victory and winning on particular draw of the cards is too lucky for me.

CO2 - A semi co-operative euro I need to play it again. It requires manipulating other players to set up the situation you need to get points. I don't think I've got the strategy enough yet to know if I like it. We also should have ended the game sooner as we missed one of the victory conditions.

Associate
Played XCOM:The Board Game the other week. Absolutely nails. The timed aspect makes it a frantic rush to play and there's enough randomness to make it enjoyable and frustrating at the same time. Just like XCOM should be really :p

Back
Top Bottom