What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
If you have the money and interest then why not?

They have a good chassis to start with so its not a bad base car.

Just guessing, but most people who have £15000 to burn and not really care, don't have MG ZS's. I'm not chastising him for doing it, but even you have to admit 15 grand is mental to spend modifying a Rover. He must have the biggest interest in Rovers/MGs ever - enough to make mattyprice look like a weekend hobbiest.

210BHP & 970Kg = Awesome fun not delusion.

I thought he said 300bhp/340ft lbs?

Associate
I've been so lazy since my time off from the christmas break I haven't even started my car in over a week. Might give it wash if the weather is ok tomorrow.

Caporegime
210BHP & 970Kg = Awesome fun not delusion.

300bhps :)

Just guessing, but most people who have £15000 to burn and not really care, don't have MG ZS's. I'm not chastising him for doing it, but even you have to admit 15 grand is mental to spend modifying a Rover. He must have the biggest interest in Rovers/MGs ever - enough to make mattyprice look like a weekend hobbiest.

I thought he said 300bhp/340ft lbs?

Yes I didn't say it wasn't a mental amount of money to spend modifying one, I wouldn't do it. I'd rather spend 15k traveling or something, but that's my interest.

My original point still stands though :p - If you have the interest and the cash, then why not.

Caporegime
Martin Hadland of Reyland did that one.

I don't think anyone ever has £15k and decides to spend it modding a car. I think it tends to be a more iterative process

Tea Drinker
Don
Wife's E39 Touring was flat as a pancake today again, wouldn't even open the doors, unfortunately we had backed it up to the garage so I had to push it up hill then climb in the drivers door as the others wouldn't open and wriggle through the kids car seats to undo the trim on the panel to pop the boot.

Turns out when we cleaned it someone left one of the map lights on, quick jump and a run it was good to go @ 13.65V running

Man of Honour
In the UK?

Yup, M5 from Exeter up until we had a massive downpour and I needed to brake quickly. I was planning to run the entire M5 from end to end in cruise and would have easily done it based on todays journey. Ive done more before in the UK.

Soldato
109 miles on continuous cruise control.

Same here.. Cheltenham to junction of the A30 on the M5 that was about 110 miles at 61mph.
I couldn't have got round the slip road onto the A30 at 60 with the cruise on.
Then on again but up to 65mph for the rest of the way to Camborne.
Another 110 miles or so.
Wafted all the way here without stopping :D

Man of Honour
I was adjusting the speed during the journey on the steering to keep sensible distances and appreciate you need to drive a bit ahead of where you might normally, but its quite easy to drive long distances on CC even in traffic.

Soldato
Same here.. Cheltenham to junction of the A30 on the M5 that was about 110 miles at 61mph.
I couldn't have got round the slip road onto the A30 at 60 with the cruise on.
Then on again but up to 65mph for the rest of the way to Camborne.
Another 110 miles or so.
Wafted all the way here without stopping :D

Camborne?! You're too close to me.... Infact I was there about an hour ago! :p

Soldato
Camborne?! You're too close to me.... Infact I was there about an hour ago! :p

Well I'm in Connor downs at the mo with my dad at his house, however will be in St Ives shortly to watch my brother play at a gig in the Lifeboat pub. :)

Soldato
Found a rattle thats been doing my head in for a few months. One loose bolt holding one of the rear seat/backrest bit.

Hallelujah!

Now the last problem, a vacuum leak at idle.....

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I remember losing the radio code within days of purchasing my car.
Disconnected the battery the other day to fit a new HVAC unit and of course the radio was locked.

Lo and behold, thanks to unlockforum, my becker is back in use.
Magic!

Back
Top Bottom