What have you done to your car today?

today on my newly ebay purchased shed (2006 renault laguna estate)I replaced the
Anti roll links
Front discs and pads
air filter
pollen filter
gave it a serious clean under the car wheel wells
tommorrow I will be replacing the lower ball joints (didnt do them to day as I thought replacing the drop links would cure its tendance to knock on bumpy roads) I was wrong

in the past week it's had new oil and filter and a serious clean, it needed it , children had been sick in the back (not mine) uurrrggkkk!! and although the seller had it valeted before I bought it, they missed the lumps that had leaked under the rear seats. but found 43Pence while doing it..

also need some good weather to get the outside polished. even thinking of buying a gazebo to work under....

also quite sad that my year with the mercedes SLK is coming to an end...it's been great

bullit

Today I've bought 2 new tyres as I killed one yesterday thanks to a pothole I didn't see.

557200_10151609276234554_1390880058_n.jpg

I've also washed the wheel in the shower... !

:p

I taxed it sigh...

Then bought a Kenwood CD player with USB port for £60 from Halfords.

My previous CD Player had bit the bullet as it wouldn't play CDs at all and radio was crackly.

New one is SUPERB!! proper breath of fresh air!

Love the USB thing which is why i bought it as i can hundreds of songs on the USB stick and it tells me what song/artist it is and i will never hear the same song twice for weeks! :)

Took me about 30mins to take old one out and put new one in too.

Then feeling quite chuffed/bored i went and set up my niece's wireless issues and fixed my other nieces push bike brakes after a few people failed to sort it! :)

No doubt it'll be another car that drives amazingly, is absolutely perfect in every way which needs absolutely nothing doing to it.

Which he'll be repairing (read bodging) in approximately 2-3 weeks.

:p

Drove from Cornwall to Edinburgh. 523 miles - Zombie eyes now!

Was playing the continuous cruise control game for a bit... managed 154 miles on the M5 but had to tap the breaks merging into the M6 congestion, else I would have been good to the refuel at Tebay :(

Last edited:
Not today but Saturday. Two new Conti Sport Contact 5s. They've lasted me ages and have such brilliant grip in the wet even when they were worn out, and they're even better in the dry. Love these tyres.

Don't love the fact my car is utterly, utterly filthy. I'll clean it one day when it's dry. If it's ever dry.

Back
Top Bottom