What have you done to your car today?

BMW E36

Fixed the rattles in the driver's side door, opened up the passenger side door and created a ton of rattles.

My passenger side electric mirror never worked so i thought id have a look with the door in pieces. The wiring was butchered and when connected up the mirror wouldnt move properly so i decided id get the multi meter out and check out which wires got signal and figure out the wiring myself

Got the whole mirror assembly off the car, pulled it apart and there were four terminals inside marked black, brown, blue and white. Guess the colours of the wires.

Connected the wires in the correct way and as if like magic the mirror works again

You ever tried changing bulbs in a Peugeot 207?

Christ cannot help you there son.

Mazda 6. 2.5 hours dad and I slaved away. had to go to a dealer in the end. Got to take a panel off hear a panel off there and then have stretch arm strong arms! Madness.

Mazda 6. 2.5 hours dad and I slaved away. had to go to a dealer in the end. Got to take a panel off hear a panel off there and then have stretch arm strong arms! Madness.

They are now intentionally designed to be a pain in the arse, so you are more likely to go to the dealer and earn them money. Sad state of affairs.

Had issues with very low pressure on my washer jets, so removed the washer fluid bottle as apparently the problem can be caused by the filters being clogged. Wouldn't have said they were dirty enough to cause a blockage, but cleaned them out anyway and it seems to have cured the problem.

New rear bearing and hub on my 350z. What a bi$ch of a job that was as the hub and bearing carrier were rusted into the knuckle.

Got it out in the end and now my car doesnt sound like its being chased by a moped :)

Just about to go and wash yet more ****ing bird **** off the car.

That's 3 times in the last 6 days :mad: neighbours already think I'm obsessed with the car...

Come do mine, will you?

I bought some tyres as I'm stupidly still on the winters. Went for some continental contact sport 5s. Hopefully arrive soon, so I can stop leaving half the tyre behind at roundabouts!

Also bought; a loom to wire up the front heated seats (I have the heat mats in the seats, have the CC unit for it, but never got the loom), I also have ordered the conversion loom from RNS-D to E, as again, never got round to getting it.
Lastly, I got the AUX out connector for the RNS-E so I can plug in any old 3.5mm jack to it and save me using some crap on old SD cards.

I might get the short shift fitted when I fit these things too... at some point

Cleaned bird poop off the windows as of course I gave a good clean at the weekend and that makes it an immediate target.

Waiting for my snow foam lance to arrive as I picked up a new pressure washer yesterday.

Otherwise dare I say it the car is pretty much sorted... Although MOT next month.

Got a new wideband sensor through, as the last one died after just over a year. Tried taking the old one out, and it's location was a bit of a pain to access on the drive, so took it to local exhaust place.

They fitted the sensor, then the best part was told me it was free!

something incredibly boring, a rear suspension upper control arm, was purchased, and I'll get it fitted shortly.

also some iron X. since I've never actually used it before but keep hearing good things about it!

something incredibly boring, a rear suspension upper control arm, was purchased, and I'll get it fitted shortly.

also some iron X. since I've never actually used it before but keep hearing good things about it!

some people were raving about it at work so we had a read about it.

apparently a safe wheel cleaner as its not acidic, you can use it on paint

read the blurb and it claims to DISSOLVE metal particles in/on your paint, how is that safe??

Removed the brake servo yesterday (again) to fix a rain water leak, it seeps through the bulk head into the driver footwell. I've fixed 5 other cars with this same problem now for friends so thought I'd actually do my own car this time.

Many scraped knuckles and cuts just need the new sealant to dry up and I'll put it all back together tomorrow.

some people were raving about it at work so we had a read about it.

apparently a safe wheel cleaner as its not acidic, you can use it on paint

read the blurb and it claims to DISSOLVE metal particles in/on your paint, how is that safe??

yeah I read that part too. lol. however no one has had their car or alloys dissolve yet, so I'm guessing it doesn't affect the metal, and only whatever is bonding the metal to the paintwork.

It shall be tested out tomorrow though!

Back
Top Bottom