3. Replace the ball joint pinch bolts.
4. Hope the knocking is gone lol

Soldato
Lol that laugh is brilliant

It was... :D

Nice pops and crackles!

lol, that laugh made me laugh more when I heard it xD

it does crackle and pop like a mad man!

I take it this is a Mike special backbox from Z4 forum?

One is on my list as a very soon, just need to figure out what's broke in my steering first! :mad:

No, this is full backbox delete.

Only cats left :)

re steering, try the usual elec steering fixes?

Associate
No, this is full backbox delete.

Only cats left :)

re steering, try the usual elec steering fixes?

Aha, no droning at normal speeds?

Yeah I'm doing my research, the only odd thing is it cuts out when the wheel is turned around 450 degrees to the left, but no issue going to full lock on the right, so I'm wondering if there's some resistance occurring in the shaft or rack that's triggering the torque sensor to shut down.

Soldato
Aha, no droning at normal speeds?

Yeah I'm doing my research, the only odd thing is it cuts out when the wheel is turned around 450 degrees to the left, but no issue going to full lock on the right, so I'm wondering if there's some resistance occurring in the shaft or rack that's triggering the torque sensor to shut down.

There's a bit of drone at 75-85 ish mph but it's not bad in my opinion.

Sounds like it needs greasing, wouldn't surprise me if it dried out and now is misbehaving. Especially on a preface lift as I believe they have made changes to facelift racks.

Associate
There's a bit of drone at 75-85 ish mph but it's not bad in my opinion.

Sounds like it needs greasing, wouldn't surprise me if it dried out and now is misbehaving. Especially on a preface lift as I believe they have made changes to facelift racks.

Could well be! I'll get it up this weekend and grease the universal joints on the intermediate column, the rack and pinion from above and the rack at either end where the boots sit. Got to do the easy stuff first! Until then I'll either have to avoid left turns, or get working on my strength :p

I was also thinking the steering angle sensor could be playing up, so I'll check the readings that's giving out too.

Soldato
Services/ Labour
Carry out full service

Parts
Oil 5w30

Parts
Oil filter

Parts
Air filter

Parts
Spark plug

Services/ Labour
Replace front brake pads

Parts
Brake pads front

Finally got the Mondeo services and some front brake pads fitted.

Soldato
Took it round to garage lunch time for MOT - sitting here now waiting for Pass or Fail - worse than waiting at dentists:(:(

It passed but they still flag up my sun visor saying it's in line of vision - well it isn't for me -it's not lower than bottom of rear view mirror - Also it's only dark tint - I think I will cut off drivers side as it really doesn't work like blue ones from old days.

Back
Top Bottom