What have you done to your car today?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
My Corolla has those weird seats with a cloth mesh over black fabric as well, terrible for getting crumbs and stuff stuck in. I avoid eating in the car wherever possible :p
Funnly enough, its more of an effect than actual mesh. :p
Ah, cheesy knob ey? The curse of the modern man.
:D
You let people eat in your car?
Nope, but the previous owner obviously liked to have a snack whilst driving. It's all nice and clean again, at least it was looked after mechanically... it has all the services at the right mileage/time done.

Think, I'll keep this as my run around. My original plan was to buy this, keep it for a year and when insurance is right on a 328. Sell the Civic and get a drift daily car... But it probably wouldn't be a reliable daily, so I'll just get a 2nd car when money allows me to. Insurance is right for next year, did a future quote.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mate over the road rang and asked if I have a 30mm socket and can he borrow the long breaker bar - His Cleo failed MOT on the ABS ring on drive shaft - both had rotted away and dropped off - Never heard of that before - so gave him a hand - everything on stub axle had to come off and the flat the ring sat on cleaned and smoothed round - Surprisingly all bolts came out after 15 years sitting on a French made and designed car - new rings fitted - light goes out so should pass MOT - It's his daughters Xmas present as she has just passed her test first time.

Soldato
Mate over the road rang and asked if I have a 30mm socket and can he borrow the long breaker bar - His Cleo failed MOT on the ABS ring on drive shaft - both had rotted away and dropped off - Never heard of that before - so gave him a hand - everything on stub axle had to come off and the flat the ring sat on cleaned and smoothed round - Surprisingly all bolts came out after 15 years sitting on a French made and designed car - new rings fitted - light goes out so should pass MOT - It's his daughters Xmas present as she has just passed her test first time.
What's a Cleo?

Associate
Went to Tesco. Hit ice. Hit kerb. Wheel took a hit but looks ok but slight scuff. Suspension seems ok so hopefully minor. Skirts and skitter are fine. Managed to square up the wheel before I hit so hit kerb straight on.

4wd clearly not enough and must have been going too fast despite trying to crawl along.

Going to wait for weather to clear this week and get car on ramps to check underneath and get quote for wheel refurb. May get them all colour changed at same time.

Expensive 4 pints of milk.

Soldato
My wife has some very nice winter tyres. Cost us £450 for 4 16" tyres...

We just took a trip to the shop, no slipping at 20mph, slow acceleration and deceleration.

I think the only reason people around here are stuck is because they are using cheap summer tyres and expect their cars to still work well.

Associate
Fitted new interior white led bulbs in my Mk6 golf yesterday front overhead console x2, map lights x2, glovebox x1, front footwells x2, console over rear passenger seat x3 & boot light.

All the above were canbus compatible no errors on the dash, lovely crisp white light now really pleased with them.

Also fitted a pair of Audi led numberplate lights as well very impressed with them too.

Headlight upgrade next ;)

Cheers all

Soldato
Fitted some eibach sportlines good job as rear springs had broken on either side at the bottom. A comfier ride with better handling and some reasonable lows. Will need aligning after I got an anti lift kit.

Soldato
Went to Tesco. Hit ice. Hit kerb. Wheel took a hit but looks ok but slight scuff. Suspension seems ok so hopefully minor. Skirts and skitter are fine. Managed to square up the wheel before I hit so hit kerb straight on.

4wd clearly not enough and must have been going too fast despite trying to crawl along.

Going to wait for weather to clear this week and get car on ramps to check underneath and get quote for wheel refurb. May get them all colour changed at same time.

Expensive 4 pints of milk.
I saw a focus rs seriously struggling in birmingham. The tyres must be fairly performance orientated for it to perform so poorly.

Soldato
Went to see a Cadillac CTS V8 described as mint, 36k miles, every option, and the seller told me beforehand that I wouldn't find a single fault with it.

Looked over it for 10 minutes and found:

Bulge in front tyre the size of an egg
All 4 tyres from 2010 and cracked around the sidewalls
Bottom half of front bumper resprayed with rattle can
1 service stamp and no other bills / receipts
Ashtray wouldn't open
Aux missing
Terrible aftermarket DRLs fitted

Didn't even bother driving it but no doubt I'd have found more issues if I had. It looked absolutely mint in the photos :(

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Adjusted the headlights (Why did I wait so long do it? Oh yeah, because I needed a ******* massive screwdriver lol)
Tyre pressures
Full tank

Man of Honour
Went to see a Cadillac CTS V8 described as mint, 36k miles, every option, and the seller told me beforehand that I wouldn't find a single fault with it.

Looked over it for 10 minutes and found:

Bulge in front tyre the size of an egg
All 4 tyres from 2010 and cracked around the sidewalls
Bottom half of front bumper resprayed with rattle can
1 service stamp and no other bills / receipts
Ashtray wouldn't open
Aux missing
Terrible aftermarket DRLs fitted

Didn't even bother driving it but no doubt I'd have found more issues if I had. It looked absolutely mint in the photos :(

What did you expect trying to buy a car in Mexico :p

Soldato
What did you expect trying to buy a car in Mexico :p

It's exactly what I'd expect from a cheap one, of which there are many, but not one twice the market average described as mint. I go to the car market most Sundays and have a wander around, and although many cars are in poor condition, their price usually reflects this and their owners are generally honest about their faults.

Soldato
It's exactly what I'd expect from a cheap one, of which there are many, but not one twice the market average described as mint. I go to the car market most Sundays and have a wander around, and although many cars are in poor condition, their price usually reflects this and their owners are generally honest about their faults.
I hope you aren't expecting a service history, 98% of cars in the US don't have them, I'd expect less in Mexico lol

Back
Top Bottom