What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
It was actually on Sat night, just set off to go to a gig, driving through the next village and a dog just appeared in front of the car. I saw it, braked and hit it all under 1 sec doing 40 mph, just had no chance.

Turns out the lad had attached the lead to the name tag ring instead of the collar ring by mistake, dog was straining like mad, ring snapped and dog shot out in front of me.

Massive internal bleeding to the dog and she passed away during the night. Has smashed up the front moulded bumper, grill and number plate on my Mazda 6 (thankfully not the 350Z!) - so I'm putting it through insurance and will pay the excess and increased premiums, **** happens :(

Soldato
:( nothing you can do in those situations. I nearly hit one in a rental car last month - was chatting to the guy at the desk about it when I handed back the car and he said it happens at least every week and has even been known to write off some of the smaller cars.

Soldato
Not quite what I've done, but went shopping with the other half over the weekend. She's got herself a lovely Focus Titanium, and all it's got is me hankering for one myself - although obviously mine would need to be the Titanium X with a few extra toys! :D I've had a perfect spec in mind for about a year and I see them crop on up AutoTrader occasionally: Perfect one

Caporegime
Did a bit of CAD today, can't really do much else as it is so cold outside. Must get myself a heater for the garage (recommendations welcomed). A bit more tweaking then need to make a mould for fibre glassing. Very similar to the Group A air box but without the headlight snorkel as I am keeping mine for legal reasons.

LaEyauu.jpg

Associate
Took all the suspension off the Noble to clean up and refit, all seized naturally so struggling with that.

Meanwhile spotted I need new front tyres (~3k miles, think the toe might be out lol) and removed the standard indicator (Landrover Defender Jobby) which had stopped working due to water ingress and then realised new one needed a little modifying of the clam to fit.

Also spotted a coolant leak from the heater pipes so cut and refitted the pipe to that to hopefully fix.

Finally, just realised I've got 2 weeks until a charity event I'm taking the Noble to. Suspension refresh has become somewhat more urgent :D

Terrible photo mid-working, but thought the Noble looked pretty cool as a hovercraft :D

24068341_10155107037971966_4529466644658003865_n.jpg

Soldato
Took all the suspension off the Noble to clean up and refit, all seized naturally so struggling with that.

Meanwhile spotted I need new front tyres (~3k miles, think the toe might be out lol) and removed the standard indicator (Landrover Defender Jobby) which had stopped working due to water ingress and then realised new one needed a little modifying of the clam to fit.

Also spotted a coolant leak from the heater pipes so cut and refitted the pipe to that to hopefully fix.

Finally, just realised I've got 2 weeks until a charity event I'm taking the Noble to. Suspension refresh has become somewhat more urgent :D

Terrible photo mid-working, but thought the Noble looked pretty cool as a hovercraft :D

24068341_10155107037971966_4529466644658003865_n.jpg
Pretty cool dude.
Looks good, what suspension you putting on?

Associate
Pretty cool dude.
Looks good, what suspension you putting on?

It came with 2 new-ish springs fitted and 2 brand new off the car. Cleaning up & repainting the shocks (adjustable bilsteins on the Noble as standard) and then refitting the complete matching new springs along with a small amount of lowering to close the arch gap.

Not a huge job really but want to be thorough with it as the shocks currently just have a bit of flaking paint and surface corrosion etc.

Ordered new C Spanners which arrived yesterday, after a bit of struggling managed to get 2 shocks apart, tomorrow need to do the other 2 and then clean up properly etc :)

Caporegime
Getting my wheels refurbished today, no damage or scuffs but quite a bit of lacquer peel and blistering on the fronts, the rears are pretty good but getting them done also.

Using Lawtomotive in Stafford on the recommendation of Gibbo.

Just wondering if I should get my spare done also? Whilst it’s never been on the car in 17 years, it has a bit of very slight blistering but I’m thinking more of making sure the colour matches...

Also, torn between OEM or metallic colour, I was initially thinking oem but having seen a wheel done with the metallic finish, I think it would look good....

Soldato
In the last week I've had my wheels re-powdercoated as I wasn't keen on the colour, a set of lowering springs have been fitted and yesterday I had a Hunter 4 wheel alignment done to complete the package.

Very happy with how it's looking now :cool:

Caporegime
Left my e38 with Lawtomotive, I’ve opted for metallic powder coat on my alloys and going for a full paint correction, machine polish and detail on the bodywork -it’ll take best part of a week to carry out and in the words of the owner, “it’ll look like it’s fresh from the showroom” when it’s done!

Under £400 for the job lot, they did what they call “a tickle over” on my partners car along with powder coat of her wheels and the results convinced me to go the whole hog with mine - excessive you may argue, but, as the guy said to me, it’s near perfect, I may as well get it absolutely spot on, he was amazed at the condition of my car which was nice to hear and I can’t wait to get it back!

Back
Top Bottom