What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
I'm a fan of that, nice work! :)

My afternoon has been spent turning arches that look like this:

cROkiyL.jpg

Into arches that look like this:

i0y4tTm.jpg

PEPVfmZ.jpg

Grinding, steam and scraping, brake cleaner, drying, seam sealer, primer, stone chip, chassis black... Not looking forward to doing the rear ones once all the relevant welding is done back there!

Man of Honour
Drove it in the sunshine. Ended up taking the scenic route. Three accidents on the M1 in the space of 1.5 miles (all separate incidents)! Crazy. Fair play to the emergency services. Had closed it to one lane by the last accident. Dived off at the junction and ended up taking a lovely scenic route.

Soldato
I say weekend, it's a 4 dayer as I booked today off work & Monday is a bank holiday.

The springs haven't been delivered so the aim is to get the gaskets, service & clutch done before Monday & then as soon as the springs arrive reinstall the suspension one evening during the week & then do the rear end probably next Saturday.

Not lifting the engine out as i don't want to mess with the air-con so the gearbox is coming out via the passenger side wheel arch.

How's it going?

Soldato
I used my DA on the MPS before Japfest.
Did a good job but didn't really remove the more visible scratches.

Bought some decent compound whilst at japfest

Soldato
Changed the in tank fuel pump on the ZT last week and been getting some weird fuel starvation issues since. Very common for the ITPs to die, thought I was doing it a favour and in return it's made it even worse! :(

Today I stripped it all back and re-installed, as well as checking the flow rates of both pumps. I think the secondary underbonnet fuel pump has now given up, there are 3 pumps in total. PITA when they go wrong.

At least it was a nice day to be crouched inside a hot car up to my elbow in diesel!

driversideintank.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've got a mystery chirping coming from my R8, it is doing my head in so goes into Audi to have a listen next week. It's nowt serious, but can't work out what it is and it's annoying :(

Associate
Back
Top Bottom