What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
I would say I understand your pain, but I think you'd win on the "something's wrong with the car again" game :p

At least it hasn't gotten Acme levels of bad yet :p

This is precisely why im not properly starting to fix the 911 yet - You just know it's going to be going on forever and has the potential to cost the earth :(

The sooner you start the sooner you know how much vaseline you're going to require :D

Soldato
:( Presume VX220 Turbo would have the exact same issue then.

Turbo MX5 with dialled in suspension ;)

Never sat in the drivers seat of a VX but I remember being touching shoulders with the nice chap who took me out in one on a meet (Lordmike?)

I barely fit in the MX5 (knee nearly touches the steering wheel with a pretty severe foamectomy) and it's my daily driver so won't be touching that for a while at least.

Associate
Not quite today but I fitted 4 michelin Pilot Super Sports to my new Mini Cooper S.
Wow! what a difference they are to the standard Dunlop runflats!!

Bought another JCW alloy from ebay with a tyre and got a can of tyre weld for the boot. The spare wheel will live in the garage till needed.

Soldato
Weren't these the Ditchfinders, before it became the accepted nomenclature for any crap tyre? :D

I think so yeh and they certainly earned their rep. They were *the* worst tyres I have ever had.

p600 not 6000 :p

I'm assuming the P600 was the predecessor? If we accept that generally the successive model is better than the one before, I can't even begin to imagine how bad the Pirelli P600 was.

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom