What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Hmm...i wonder if that's been some daft sod with a bag walking past. I had something similar on my 6 series and it turned out to be my postman! Luckily it polished out with a very soft pad and light polish.

Tbh, it could well have been my daughter today - I've moved my new grandaughter in today after her staying with mum since birth, she may well have brushed the buggy along the car or whatever, the baby seat is on the same near side....

I'm not going to ask her tbh - don't wan't to spoil the day, equally, she knows what my car is to me (much to her bemusement!)

Associate
Finally fixed the sodding metallic rattle I've had for days, and learnt a lovely lesson in Occam's Razor at the same time. Turns out something that sounds like a thin or hollow metal knocking against something is in fact the hollow metal undertray loose and knocking against something :rolleyes::p

Soldato
Dropped it off at a garage to get it serviced with my own parts and to get a noise coming from the engine bay somewhere investigated. It's a sort of rubbing noise, but it's difficult to explain. I'd hoped it was the aux belt or a pulley but the guy called me up to say that even with the belt off the noise was still there and that he's pretty sure it's a water pump bearing. Which of course means getting the cam belt changed as well. Annoying, as the car is only on 56k and I was hoping to not have to worry about that for a while but never mind. I figure it best that it's dealt with now rather than later.

Soldato
Just had a set of Tein Flex Z Coilovers fitted, shame I had to take the motorway home, won't get a chance to put them to good use for a couple of weeks now.

Also started bidding on a second FN2 Type R with the intention of that becoming as track-car as possible whilst remaining road legal purely for ease of transportation.
Hoping to get involved in Civic Cup, Tin Tops or some other next year for a bit of fun.
Think I'm more excited in painting it as barry/rice (read: Spoon blue + yellow) as possible than anything else :p

Man of Honour
Went for an evening drive.. what else do would you do in this nice weather with an MX5? :cool:

mx5.jpg

Soldato
Lost a ******* headlight washer cover - assume the ford guy didn't pop it back on right after having my bumper off

Obviously they need to be ordered in, cost £35 for a tiny bit of plastic and don't come painted...

Soldato
Fiesta ST is in for ITG induction kit and Peron stage 1+ remap. Hoping this will return even more smiles per gallon. Having said that, shame I kerbed a wheel on the way here due to a fire engine forcing me over :(

Back
Top Bottom