What have you done to your car today?

I got rid of my current two seats to get matching evolutions, but this single seat came up at such a good price i couldn't refuse! Just need to find another one now :) I technically only need one seat in the car, unless i want to take passengers out on track :p

Driftworks sell them but they cost a bomb!

Its going to be another drawn out teaser about another old rover I'm sure!

Not really a drawn out teaser - it's not really interesting enough for that.

It's a Mk1 MG ZS diesel, with the '+' spec meaning such amazing devices as electric windows, and erm... that's it.

On the upside it's the 113BHP version, seems to run OK and is epically frugal - it also has about 40 receipts from the last 5 years including a clutch kit, CV joints, all servicing done until recently and new tyres.

Nothing special, but it should save me some cash over the coming months. Amazingly nimble too, although the ride's rock hard!

It's a Mk1 MG ZS diesel, with the '+' spec meaning such amazing devices as electric windows, and erm... that's it.

On the upside it's the 113BHP version, seems to run OK and is epically frugal - it also has about 40 receipts from the last 5 years including a clutch kit, CV joints, all servicing done until recently and new tyres.

Nothing special, but it should save me some cash over the coming months. Amazingly nimble too, although the ride's rock hard!

Save you some cash? I don't get it - I thought you already had a Rover 75 diesel which was economical? You were telling us about how much of a bargain it was and how economical it was?

Why change it for a Mk1 MG ZS?

It does seem a bit.....pointless. I assume this car was about 20p? They're reasonable enough all rounders for on or under £1k, any more than that and it starts to become a bit...questionable.

Yea but his 75 was only 600 quid and he reckoned it was an excellent example. So either it wasn't, which means why would this be any better, or it was, in which case, why on earth get rid of it? :confused:

From what i've read it needed small jobs and a little bit of cash spent on it - maybe that was just the tip of the iceberg though and he has cut and run. I doubt this one will be any better if he isn't willing to get his hands drity and spend at least a little money on it.

Absolutely - see my edit above.

As for a quick on topic post, today might be the day the Civic finally gets a hoover - it's been at least a couple of months

mk1 TT. The difference in feel from 40 down to 30psi is quite profound on my car. It used to feel like it's skipping sideways on the rear over drain covers or white lines, particularly when trying to go quick, when power is being sent to the rear wheels.

No doubt I would have had a funny wear pattern on the rear tyres if I had left it.

I had the same happen to me with my 6 MPS. The first thing I did when I collected it was check the tyre pressures; the dealer had put set them at 29psi all round when really it should be 39/42psi. I think the standard 6 is 30psi all round so many of the dealers just presume that the MPS is the same. Needless to say it made a huge difference to the feel and handling of the car.

I don't understand why you keep buying these cars.. I mean, I get the Rover thing as I've owned a few myself, but why keep buying crappy examples?? Just get a decent ZT190 or ZS180 and be done with it. Constantly buying £600 ones, fixing the odd bit, then buying another seems pointless to me!

Mine lost 9psi over two years

Should have checked sooner really

Should wash and wax it today but hard wax will be a pain in this weather and I'm too tight to buy collie 845

Swapped out the dipped and main beam bulbs for +90% brightness ones.

The lights are ok-ish but not the best as they are the older style reflector headlamps. Have to see how much difference they make tomorrow.

Mine lost 9psi over two years

Should have checked sooner really

Should wash and wax it today but hard wax will be a pain in this weather and I'm too tight to buy collie 845

Did wash and wax the golf

Improved my hard wax skills no end by basically being stingey or super economical with the stuff. Really light smear works so well. It beads water like crazy again and looks great

Today I have finally got round to some car stuff!

Changed the discs and pads on the Peugeot.
Washed the Fiat.
Washed the Subaru.
Cleaned the interior of the Fiat.
Cleaned the interior of the Peugeot.
Cleaned the interior of the Subaru.

Removed 1kg of weight from the Subaru, this will reduce my 0-60mph by 0.00072 sec. :D

Back
Top Bottom