What have you done to your car today?

Permabanned
@Acme hahaha good one.

Well Stoptech is on. Apec good for road TERRIBLE for track off with it
1.jpg

I have not worked on Brembo calipers before. Like the design :)

2.jpg

And thats NEW old junk. PAds as I said ware 2000 miles old but just not good for my type of use :) And rears ware falling appart :D
3.jpg

What can I say. Love how Stoptech pads behave. Sharp from cold no noise not dusty and dont fade , Went to bead them in rims got hot still no fade :) few 60-5-60-5 cycles and two big pulls to 5mph. Then cruise home.

Now I could use harnes when slamming brakes feels like Ill go out of window. For what I paid I'm rating them 10 again. Same as they did fantastic job on DC2.

Just need to change fluid to RBF600 or ATE 200

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ordered a full set of PS4S for the M3, fitting them on Friday and getting the tracking done at the same time, and booked Eurotunnel (rip off!) for my trip to the Nurburgring next weekend! :)
that sounds fun :)
Typical as soon as I'w picked up Conti sports 5's few weeks later PS4 for 18 inch rim the market. Well will take 2-3 years before I kill them off and get PS4

Soldato
that sounds fun :)
Typical as soon as I'w picked up Conti sports 5's few weeks later PS4 for 18 inch rim the market. Well will take 2-3 years before I kill them off and get PS4
Yep, my tyres should last hopefully a year or so, but I’m not really sure how well the M3 wears tyres vs the M135 yet...will see.

I was pleasantly surprised by the price though, was bracing myself for >£1000 fitted for all four corners but it’s come in at “only” £815. That’s not much more than the M135.

Man of Honour
Repaired the two burnt traces for the map switch input on my old MegaSquirt ECU and wrapped the breakout harness for it too

RVfhwDL.jpg
xACdmOV.jpg

Should have a copy of the firmware on its way to reflash it back to being a properly functional ECU too

Soldato
I was going to take my car to the place I got it remapped to get it flashed back to stock since I was getting a P0299 turbo underboost error code appearing randomly after. However the car's battery was completely dead, not even any display on the stereo or dash. Quite strange since I last drove it for about 150 miles on Thursday then another 30 miles on Friday and it's only been sat idle for 4 days.

However while I was sorting the battery out to charge it, I happened to notice this:

IMG_2879.jpg

No doubt that wasn't helping matters. Ordered a new hose, but in the meantime let's see if this makes any difference while I'm not having to drive far - self amalgamating rubber tape and a couple of metal cable ties. Ghetto as hell but it's only until Saturday :)

IMG_2880.jpg

Soldato
Not mine but I extracted an overfill of FOUR litres of oil from a friend's car the other day.

He had been told at mot time that it had a small oil leak and to make sure it either got fixed or at the very least topped up.

It had been driven a good 5 miles in this state too, I'm absolutely amazed it's still running. He only noticed when smoke began billowing out the back

Soldato
Got the Air Conditioning recharged, the vent temperature went from 12c to 6c, so a nice improvement, not bad for a £35 groupon deal! Also changed the cabin filter to compliment it. That's that sorted for a good few years now.

Permabanned
Not mine but I extracted an overfill of FOUR litres of oil from a friend's car the other day.

He had been told at mot time that it had a small oil leak and to make sure it either got fixed or at the very least topped up.

It had been driven a good 5 miles in this state too, I'm absolutely amazed it's still running. He only noticed when smoke began billowing out the back

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Ages ago I bodged in a replacement starter solenoid on the Landy. And I mean bodged - I'd been unable to get the old one out as the mounting screws were one part rusted, one part less-than-accessible...so I wired the new one up, left the old one where it was, and attached a wire from the battery negative terminal with a small nut and bolt to the new solenoid's bracket as an earth. It was embarrassing to look at (it looked exactly like the jury rig that it was), but it worked so I never got around to sorting it.

Fixed it today - I managed to get tools onto the mounting hardware for the old solenoid and proceeded to liberally apply force until they did my bidding. Remounted the replacement in it's place and got rid of the now superfluous earthing wire. One less electrical bodge-up that I have to look at, and also means that I can plan my new push-button starter wiring.

Soldato
Replaced both (left & right) track/tie rods and ends as they had seized and fused together which had meant my alignment/tracking couldn't be done and I had lots of negative toe, now I have lots of positive toe. I might do a quick home alignment tomorrow but I'll have it booked in for proper alignment next week.

Took it for tracking this morning, it was only slightly out after I replaced all the steering components.

y4mF5Q2lFxUingjzKHFwX_4ZpTgYaNCtGKo2LJ-TbxBXvs0j9NEIePVa9EJOjrxfBdtvYLSUrDhviD9I7uE3qTFLYtizFylIlQg0ECNoNW49ykjPAByHpvYr_1gMan1Hsd7VnAOmQ9KTB5Rq2bt6baRJx_gxNZdBW1DBFkGCBpAO_GQkvDQnTke8PcCZV-2nOu1vqmO_69ctIaxAMbMF_p5ew

y4mH3MPOTwstaK-V5Vio30E25vSVIM_k0QG7kF_4RUFuWbao8vTr3svJmfqpTpePLBVG28K4E0QuTzCPmHpaqY3AjVdAcnd9IBQecx7GExnDcXYQ7L9gBNBnPuW9RNI_BCBFcl0EXpnhD7eNpXFwubwVgKpVZBWP6RLj1ztkqPR2-MeIk0MIa5z-l1889c7ska89oC2hxYUO7pdzUAQ11u8sQ

The rear right can't be adjusted and is out due to previous welding work to fix the rear beam mount but it's not actually badly out so doesn't wear tyres badly and doesn't affecting the handling much if at all.

I've also only just noticed I appear to have gained 8 valves, nice.

Back
Top Bottom