What have you done to your car today?

Permabanned
@Acme @Vita @Janesy B Thanks guys I'm getting by one way or another.
So everyone was watching england playing and I was sorting this out

Went over one of em crappy cubic speed bumps and some Weird rattling noise like something BROKE started

Rear heatshield broke off o all 4 bolts lol Big washers sorted it out :)

received_2251521594863682.jpg

Sometime soon when my mate got free ramp at garage need to get on it clean rust off with brush and do Underseal and lubricate all bushings in suspension ect.

Last edited:
Permabanned
20180704_193914.jpg

Think I found out why Power steering fluid boiled after just few laps.... Cause its not fluid more like Sludge buhahaah Think It's never been changed from factory.

When someone says THIS CAR IS FACTORY STOCK = Nothing been cahnged since It's left the factory buhahaha.
Shame I dont have pgoto of that Clutch fluid/sludge. Was gray and as thick as fence paint when I changed that felth like I'w changed whole clutch.

When Basic maintenance FEELS LIKE TUNING :D
Now I'm sure brake fluid at lest in rear is OLD like Many winters old. Just gotta see how founds are and grab stoptech ferodo or Hawk pads. Some say Yellowstuff EBC is good... NO THANKS EBC. Mintex was better than red and green stuf combined lol

Permabanned
Grab yourself some pagid rs29's and have the stopping power of Brolly in your calipers.
Would be waste on standard discs I think. First Ill get one of above and finish discs off since they got only 3000k on them. Chap before me changed brakes all around but.... Put Brembo pads on. Dust amount they produce is legendary and they totally junk when pushing around track,.
so far I'w had DS2500 Green stuff Red stuff Mintex Stoptech Some blueprint and now some Brembo's. And out of them Stoptech was my nr1. Great from cold no noise at any situation and have not faded at all around donington. And that was on 262 standard 96spec brakes. Since Its got the 324 brembo pack stopping pwoer is there... so is massive fade lol

Soldato
Would be waste on standard discs I think. First Ill get one of above and finish discs off since they got only 3000k on them. Chap before me changed brakes all around but.... Put Brembo pads on. Dust amount they produce is legendary and they totally junk when pushing around track,.
so far I'w had DS2500 Green stuff Red stuff Mintex Stoptech Some blueprint and now some Brembo's. And out of them Stoptech was my nr1. Great from cold no noise at any situation and have not faded at all around donington. And that was on 262 standard 96spec brakes. Since Its got the 324 brembo pack stopping pwoer is there... so is massive fade lol

3000k is quite a bit ;) standard disks are fine, doubt that you'll see any difference with drilled/grooved disks.

Permabanned
3000k is quite a bit ;) standard disks are fine, doubt that you'll see any difference with drilled/grooved disks.
True true they just Look nice. I would Never go with Drilled only Grooved with some Zinc plating or something. Would like to try Black Diamond brake discs.
Buit the DUST amount those fronts produce atm is epic feels like need cleaning every 60 miles !!!
Want to strip calipers and give them good clean like I'w done on DC2. But gotta see how my bank looks after blowing most of my saving in a weeks time on this Zee heh. When You buy 4k car and drop 2k on it in 3 months and still need another 1500 I think.

God damn Seatbelts eating my neck TERRIBLE DESIGN need Harnes.

Caporegime
Yellowstuffs are pretty decent for fast road with minimal dust, they do need a little bit of heat in them to work well though, first few times you press the brakes they don't bite too well but after that they are excellent.

Associate
Yellowstuffs are pretty decent for fast road with minimal dust, they do need a little bit of heat in them to work well though, first few times you press the brakes they don't bite too well but after that they are excellent.

I'd echo this, have them all round on the Z4 as I got a good price. They're no worse than OEM when cold in my experience, but a good bit sharper when hot. I did however have them squealing a lot last time I got them hot, wheel cooling them down in particular. Apparently this disappears after a few heat cycles though.

Soldato
I'd echo this, have them all round on the Z4 as I got a good price. They're no worse than OEM when cold in my experience, but a good bit sharper when hot. I did however have them squealing a lot last time I got them hot, wheel cooling them down in particular. Apparently this disappears after a few heat cycles though.
I've found the same, no worse, maybe better than OE when cold and the massively better when hot. No squealing from them either for me. I have them on drilled and grooved discs and they've been brilliant especially as they are about 40% less expensive than DS2500s which are the only other high performance pad made for my application. They do produce dust but it's not a great deal compared to other pads I've had, more than stock though as you'd expect. Even with drilled etc. discs though I've not had any overheating, fade or excessively worn my pads either.

Greenstuffs are pap and I'd never use them on anything. In theory they are ok on light cars but not good on heavy ones (so the 350Z wouldn't be good with them) but I've just taken to avoiding them as generally opinions haven't been great for them (might well have improved in the last few years though I guess).

Caporegime
Ordered some goodies.
- Prosport JDM Gauges (Oil temp, pressure + water temp)
- New Radiator + Hoses
- Mishimoto Thermostatic Oil Cooler

About time these went on considering it's turbo'd tbh.

Return fuel system, fuel rail and catch can should allow me to push another 50-100bhp further before engine/gearbox/driveshafts need attention.

Might even beat @Acme on the 1/4 then :p

What are you doing!! More power is NOT what you need!! :p

You need sticky drag slicks and an upgraded gearbox/diff/shafts/engine mounts so you can get the power down. :p

Permabanned
Speaking of brake discs/pads I received these today. Mtec grooved discs all around with some Carbotech XP10 brake pads for the front and rear. Cannot wait to get these bad boys on the car!

gmC9tbZ.jpg
Thats what I will have once I finish my brakes off.
Ended up snatching Stoptech sport pads at Great price of 114.99 delivered front + rear for my DC2 i Paid 88 just for stoptech fronts.
Them pads sound Very nice How much they ware for Your's ?? Had a look fronts are 200 quid for 350z :)

Caporegime
Thats what I will have once I finish my brakes off.
Ended up snatching Stoptech sport pads at Great price of 114.99 delivered front + rear for my DC2 i Paid 88 just for stoptech fronts.
Them pads sound Very nice How much they ware for Your's ?? Had a look fronts are 200 quid for 350z :)

Think it was around £450 for all four. About double the price of yellow stuff but in a different league at the same time. Yellow stuff is okay on something light but my car is 1300KG.

Associate
Had XP8s on my Fiat a few years ago, very noisy unless hot (common Brembo issue on those cars, mate had them in his Octavia and silent!), incredible performance though - first stop when cold not great but after that all fine. Never faded, great bite, consistent stopping.

Permabanned
320mm front and back but that is just the standard size the car came with which for 1995 were bloody huge!
Nice kts the GT4 the best Celica so best brakes. 350Z GT uses same brembo as R34 f324/r322 Deffo one of best things about this car. From what I'w read around forums When you get Duct going You can track it on cheap and nasty pads with no face :)

Back
Top Bottom