What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
Long journey. Wondered what all the brake lights on the m25 were about. Turns out a load of boy racers in STs etc were lining up and racing. Couldn’t help but fly past them. Anything to make the journey more interesting.

Soldato
Had an issue with my AC, with it on it blew out hotter air than off so took it to get it re-gassed, simple things first et al. Thanks to groupon it was only 35 but a 2 week wait to get a suitable slot. Annoyingly, that did not solve the problem but proved it was needed sooner than later, containing 1/3 gas of what it should.

Many hours later reading the workshop manual and other resources on how to diagnose the thing. Only to realise I had never checked the fuse! One 10a fuse later and it sings the song of a squeaky belt (next job) as the a/c compressor kicks in :D

Don
I replaced the MAF in the 650i. That cleared up the last of the poor running issues it had. Goes like a rocket now.
Over the last 8 weeks I've replaced all 4 VANOS solenoids, the CCV diaphragms, and the MAF. Only cost me about £200 all in for the parts and the difference is astounding.

Soldato
Finally replaced my damage door. It isn’t a one person job that’s for sure. Swapped everything over, down side is the new door has a rather noisy window motor. May have to swap the one from the old door over.

Permabanned
I replaced the MAF in the 650i. That cleared up the last of the poor running issues it had. Goes like a rocket now.
Over the last 8 weeks I've replaced all 4 VANOS solenoids, the CCV diaphragms, and the MAF. Only cost me about £200 all in for the parts and the difference is astounding.

excellent, have been looking at one of these for a bit now.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
I have no idea when I last gave an update on my car, it's been long though! Past few weeks I've been working on it every night after work to get it ready for a car show just gone. I literally got it MOT'd on Friday and got to the show for 7pm on Friday, definitely cutting it fine!

I still have a ton of things to finish off, but it is at least on the road!

For anyone that doesn't know, it's a B204 Saab engine with a GTX2867R turbo, plus a ton of other mods. Currently on running in miles, once they're done can start upping the boost, should be in excess of 400bhp once sorted.
Very nice. I imagine that will be quite a handful considering my 900 with 275hp can be quite a challenge at times. Are you running the F25 box from the 900/9-3 it came from or the astra box? Any plans for a quaife?

Soldato
I scraped it against a wall because I'm a tool. At my work's car park turning into a narrow down ramp, something I've done hundreds of times before but for whatever reason I didn't manage it right today. It looks pretty bad but there's only a tiny dent that I'm sure wouldn't be much effort to get out and the passenger front and rear doors have a few scrapes on. I'm sure it's relatively easy for someone who knows their stuff to sort it.

Associate
Changed a damaged ball joint and suspension arm on the astra, tried getting the alternator off as it was leaking but with no ramps couldn't get in a position to get it off so took it to a garage who whipped it off in 20 mins.

Soldato
I scraped it against a wall because I'm a tool. At my work's car park turning into a narrow down ramp, something I've done hundreds of times before but for whatever reason I didn't manage it right today. It looks pretty bad but there's only a tiny dent that I'm sure wouldn't be much effort to get out and the passenger front and rear doors have a few scrapes on. I'm sure it's relatively easy for someone who knows their stuff to sort it.

Doh :o pics?

Back
Top Bottom