What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Mot history before my ownership is fine for an old high mileage car. Lots of welding yes, mechanically etc it hasn't had much really. Old suspension was fine from an Mot standpoint. Hasn't had new calipers.

Associate
Got my head and crank back from engineering place we use at work, head skim and clean and crank polish. Mains and big ends all standard size and looking good. :D Cant wait to get it built up over the Christmas break if money allows.
dZRHtuI.jpg
YVuTIUG.jpg
viJIDl9.jpg

Soldato
Picked up some Meguiars gold class rich leather cleaner & conditioner, gave my steering wheel a quick go while there was still some light...

Non-treated side:

Treated side:

And overall before:

And after:

A decent improvement, and that was a quick 10 minute clean. I'll give it another going over tomorrow along with the seats etc. I'm not expecting huge differences on them as they're already in pretty decent condition. :D

Soldato
Picked up some Meguiars gold class rich leather cleaner & conditioner, gave my steering wheel a quick go while there was still some light... :D
Would like to see what the seats look like before and after when you have done them. I’ve often considered getting the Meguiars leather cleaner.

Soldato
Picked up some Meguiars gold class rich leather cleaner & conditioner, gave my steering wheel a quick go while there was still some light...

Non-treated side:
Treated side:
And overall before:n

Andafter:

A decent improvement, and that was a quick 10 minute clean. I'll give it another going over tomorrow along with the seats etc. I'm not expecting huge differences on them as they're already in pretty decent condition. :D

Decent improvement! Did you use a microfibre cloth or a leather brush?

Soldato
I fancied the idea of softening my ride, so went from this...

L573Cg4.jpg

To this...

FNBVj2c.png

Feels much nicer, and believe it or not, these wheels seem less common than the dressed-up Ecoboost or ST-Line.

Also fitted an engine cover, very slightly has quietened the noise and better to look at. For all the times I'm under the hood, of course.

This rats nest...

pJBx6XO.jpg

To slightly lesser rats nest...

UAU6zhj.jpg

Soldato
You want to get your coolant pipes dealt with. Check this thread out on the Ford Owners Club forum:
https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/95740-2013-10l-ecoboost-engine-rust-problem/
You should be able to get Ford to clean and clear the rust on the pipes and treat it with high temp paint to prevent any further corrosion.
**Edit**
Alternatively, you can clean, clear and paint it yourself:
https://www.fordownersclub.com/foru...e-rust-problem/?do=findComment&comment=706842

Soldato
I had some new spark plugs and coil packs arrive.
Ready for installation tomorrow if Amazon deliver the sparkplug socket in time.

Trying to fix a missfire at idle and a missfire that causes the car to wobble when I rev.

The car has no engine codes, but when I run a misfire count on my way to work it reports 2-6 counts on two of the cylinders.

So ye.. roll on tomorrow

Soldato
I had some new spark plugs and coil packs arrive.
Ready for installation tomorrow if Amazon deliver the sparkplug socket in time.

Trying to fix a missfire at idle and a missfire that causes the car to wobble when I rev.

The car has no engine codes, but when I run a misfire count on my way to work it reports 2-6 counts on two of the cylinders.

So ye.. roll on tomorrow

Are you going to try installing just the spark plugs first? No point replacing both at the same time :)

Soldato
You want to get your coolant pipes dealt with. Check this thread out on the Ford Owners Club forum:
https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/95740-2013-10l-ecoboost-engine-rust-problem/
You should be able to get Ford to clean and clear the rust on the pipes and treat it with high temp paint to prevent any further corrosion.
**Edit**
Alternatively, you can clean, clear and paint it yourself:
https://www.fordownersclub.com/foru...e-rust-problem/?do=findComment&comment=706842

Yeah, ive seen all that.

Part of me cant decide if its an over reaction or not.

It is on the to do list tho!

Back
Top Bottom