What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
I massaged it gently with a curb and then fitted a new one. And a drop link. And track rod end. And wheel bearing. And had the tyre re-seated. :p

And on Thursday its having the tracking done, and some camber dialled in, so that I can lower it more to make Fox tut and shake his head. :)

Soldato
Would like to see what the seats look like before and after when you have done them. I’ve often considered getting the Meguiars leather cleaner.
Gave the seats and steering wheel a proper going over today, with this + another microfibre cloth as the first one ended up close to black!

Drivers/Passenger before:

And after:

Not much difference, as they were already in extremely good condition for a 12 year old, 92k mile car.

Rear seats, before:

And after:

Again, not much improvement to be had, definitely a bit cleaner though!!

Now, the steering wheel. A completely different matter.

Before:

Same shot with with flash:

And after:

Same shot with flash again for comparison:

I think you can agree it's worked wonders on the wheel. It actually looks like it belongs in the car now, rather than having been taken from a 150k mile car! Excuse the leaves, I live in a road lined by trees and they seem to be shedding either leaves or seeds all year round!

Soldato
Finally fixed the last element of my annoying minor hesitation on the ST today, turns out the air filter wasn't quite 100% seated on the intake despite looking like it was sitting in the box properly.

Annoying but a nice easy fix all the same.

Associate
Finally fixed the last element of my annoying minor hesitation on the ST today, turns out the air filter wasn't quite 100% seated on the intake despite looking like it was sitting in the box properly.

Annoying but a nice easy fix all the same.

Which filter are you using?

The RamAir on mine was an absolute nightmare to get on the intake. It's actually starting to break at the outside end if I take the lid off the box as it is such a tight fit.

Soldato
It was a pipercross filter, ditched now and back to a standard one. The collar that marries up to the intake is too soft and poorly sized to fit comfortably on the intake when the other side is secured to the box. I thought I'd got it by moving the intake out of the box when fitting then lining it back up, but evidently not so it's going in the bin.

Soldato
New tyres fitted to the rear yesterday - thought I'd check the pressures today to see what the tyre fitters thought would be good as the car didn't feel right driving back yesterday.

56.5psi in the left and 38psi in the right. Idiots. Absolute idiots. Most people probably wouldn't even check them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It was a pipercross filter, ditched now and back to a standard one. The collar that marries up to the intake is too soft and poorly sized to fit comfortably on the intake when the other side is secured to the box. I thought I'd got it by moving the intake out of the box when fitting then lining it back up, but evidently not so it's going in the bin.

I'll stuff it on my mx5. :p

Associate

Are you noticing a difference with the standard one? Pretty sure I've binned mine so I'm stuck with the RamAir. If I take the lid off the airbox I'm pretty sure it is going to fall off :D

Caporegime
Went to get the tracking done, only to be told there wasn't enough room between tyre and arch to get the equipment on.

Went home, changed wheels.

Went back to get the tracking done, only to be told their machine can't do camber.

Went home again...

:p

Associate
Went to get the tracking done, only to be told there wasn't enough room between tyre and arch to get the equipment on.

Went home, changed wheels.

Went back to get the tracking done, only to be told their machine can't do camber.

Went home again...

:p
Pretty much all of your run-of-the-mill places cant do camber lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom