What have you done to your car today?

Don
Took the Fiesta for the replacement windscreen, only to find that a non-heated one had been ordered, so that's not being done until Monday.

Wife just got back after being out for the evening and said the Mudflaps keep catching as she goes on and off the driveway - so just been out in the dark and rain to remove the front ones, only to find they use none-reusable push rivets through the arch liner...

Now have 2 rattling arch liners so have told her to pop to Ford in the morning for some replacement push rivets :)

Soldato
Cleaned the air filter, k&n for the win/loose (depending on what side of the fence you on :p), that and the noise of the twin turbos spooling is infectious :D
Also drove it for the first time in a few weeks, when your daily is a borfest of a german auto diesel it only makes the appreciation higher.

Permabanned
missfire on the bimmer, changed coil still fault.
removed the spark plug and the electrode was bent and touching the other part of the plug.
hmmm how the heck did that happen ?

Soldato
Cleaned the air filter, k&n for the win/loose (depending on what side of the fence you on :p), that and the noise of the twin turbos spooling is infectious :D
Also drove it for the first time in a few weeks, when your daily is a borfest of a german auto diesel it only makes the appreciation higher.

When I got mine serviced by Hyundai they noticed the filter and asked me if they should replace it with the new OEM one as part of the service or clean it out and put the filter boxed on the seat.

They did a nice cleanout of the filter looking at it, oil is still there so not hozed down, just scraped off.

Soldato
missfire on the bimmer, changed coil still fault.
removed the spark plug and the electrode was bent and touching the other part of the plug.
hmmm how the heck did that happen ?

What colour is the plug and what condition is it in? A lean mix can cause misfires and detonation; you might find you've got an injector that's playing up. Alternatively, ever tweaked the timing?

Permabanned
That's worrying. Bounced off the rev limiter much recently?
Detonation may do this

Yup a lot max revs and maybe when cold too.

Engine is again sweet it's the N52 so it's very rare for injector problems.
Other issue that started it off was a failing coil on cylinder 3 which I drove for a few miles as i had too
Changing the coil sorted that issue.

I am too thinking it's s detonation problem which bent the plug due to the driving on a misfire.. well I hope..

As for the plugs. I have done 20000 on them and they are all a nice colour still.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had some minor warranty work carried out in the centre console.

Now as part of the “service” most garages now do, they put in in the workshop and make a video of your car for you, bonnet up, check fluids, walk round all the tyres, then they took the wheels off and show the brakes etc.

I wouldn’t have minded if it was in for a service, but I just wanted the minor issue fixing.

They got the tyre tread completely wrong, measuring between 4.1mm up to 7mm. These are four identical brand new tyres last Thursday.... I’d also rather they didn’t start taking the wheels off and mucking about, you have to prise the centre caps off to remove the nuts and now I’ll have to check they actually torqued the nuts up.

They then washed it and vacuumed it for me which again I’d rather they didn’t do, it was reasonably clean as I washed it at the weekend; and since Noah is currently building his ark the car looks terrible 1 mile later anyway.

Then I get a bill for <£5 for some bulbs as two of the centre console dials weren’t backlit, I flagged up for them to look at (the centre console was off already as part of the warranty work) they just don’t go and I thought it could have been a bigger issue. It’s not really a user serviceable part if you have to remove internal trim to replace unlike a headlight bulb.

After 18 months I’d expect them to last the lifetime of the car and just have the cost waived (and lose the unnecessary extra stuff they did).

Soldato
Time for MOT and the CRZ needed pads all round. Went for blueprint as I liked them on the mini, accurate backing plates rather than pattern ones roughly cut and coated in thick paint and only £38 for them all.

Both rear pads were wedged, and a slider stuck. Typical honda caliper issue. Freed everything off but took some time. Love the proper wind back tools although managed to get one piston slightly twisted and stuck :rolleyes: so had to rebuild to press the pedal. Second time rather than the large disc on the piston rim I figured a large socket in the piston to then push squarer would be better. It worked. Sometimes I do like working on the car in the dark :p would have been nice to be daylight with a pressure washer as there’s some serious dirt in there.

Honda are better now with trying to avoid rust. Rear arches the metal lip between bodyside and outer arch is rolled at the factory and the seam sealant applied for 80% of the join.

jPzgn5w.jpg

RLKVNV9.jpg

Time to get it sold now. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom