1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Funky-Melon

Gangster

Got the wheels on the Volvo T5 refurbed.

No pics though as I haven't picked it up yet :)

2. RedvGreen

Mobster

Cost depends on who and where. This chap is based in Newton Aycliffe (near Durham/Darlington) and is a self-proclaimed OCD perfectionist. My work was subsidised by BMW as they had damaged the car and had it resprayed on the roof, so I got them to pay £300 of the detail, which was approximately 75% of the detail cost. The bulk of the cost was the ceramic coating - IGL Kenzo, which is around £500 by itself I think.

3. Uther

Sgarrista

Wiped the white paint left on the door from the tool who opened their car door into mine. I was actually sat in the car at the time. Luckily it looks like it just skimmed the surface and no dent.
    We had words but people just don't care anymore.

4. Gaygle

Capodecina

Fitted an AFE carbon fibre intake/filter thing, sounds really good at higher RPM's:

[​IMG]

Ok so the video is mostly exhaust, but it does sound pretty awesome headphones on...

5. King4aDay

Mobster

Replaced my tatty old auto gear shift knob with a momo one. Not really in to car bling but it's reasonably inoffensive I think

[​IMG]

6. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

/\ Wow, is that a cassette deck?

7. King4aDay

Mobster

It absolutely is!

8. Armageus

Don

Slow puncture repaired on one of Wife's 2 month old tyres... annoying and expensive but better than a new tyre :(

9. NathWraith

Capodecina

G35 Skyline?

10. Acme

Caporegime

IIRC its a V35.

11. King4aDay

Mobster

Aye, V35. G35 is the Infiniti designation.

It's a 350gt-8 which was only ever released in Japan. There are photos in the 'show us your motors' thread if interested.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  12. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

Noticed a door ding on mine that took paint off so washed it to see if I had anymore :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Armageus

Don

Changed the other headlamp bulb on the wife's car today... knew I should have done both the other week :D

14. Foghorn Leghorn

Wise Guy

Carried out the same job on my wife's c max last weekend. The engineers only just recovered from me giving him a slap and now you've stuck one on him :D

15. Phemo

Soldato

Same in my wife's S-Max. It's such a stupid way to do it. I don't get why it's such a difficult thing to do on some cars. On many cars I've come across that haven't been serviced by main dealers it seems to mean that they just don't bother changing them. This is from my wife's S-Max which only had a service stamp 10k miles before I did it. I don't even want to think about how old that actually was.

[​IMG]

16. Jasoncmor

Gangster

I changed the cabin filter on my mk2 st, I assume it's the same as a normal mk2, while it was awkward with having to remove the glovebox and fuse board, it was still a relatively easy job to do.

17. Diagro

Sgarrista

It's easy on the MK2 MPS... Two screws, slide, slide in, two screes, done

18. Acme

Caporegime

Easier on the E30 and the MX5. They don't have one. :p

19. Phemo

Soldato

My car originally had a cloth interior without heated seats and last weekend I fitted some heated leather seats in which are all good, except the car doesn't have the wiring for heated seats and of course the buttons aren't there either. I'm not overly bothered about having heated seats but my previous car had it and it is a mild irritation knowing that the heating elements are there but just not connected. So today I have fitted a new climate panel with the heated seat buttons and made a start on running the wiring:

They won't do anything yet but at least the buttons are there. Will VO code the car to enable it when I've done the wiring.

[​IMG]

Annoyingly the two fuse boxes for this car are in the engine bay and in the boot. The fuses for these cars with factory heated seats are in the engine bay fuse box so that's where my power wires will be running to. Luckily BMW made it really easy to get wires from the engine bay fuse box into the car itself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Managed to run ground wires to each seat, the power wires from the fuse box to each seat and the power wires for seat back adjustment to each seat before it started raining again. Just need to wait for the order of the terminals and connectors to arrive from BMW, crimp them on and run one last cable from each seat to the REM module in the boot and VO code the car then it should be good.

Must also remember to clean all those leaves out of the side corner parts in the engine bay :D

20. Uther

Sgarrista

I don't think I could have a car without heated seats now, I must be getting old. I've even started looking at heated steering wheels for the next one...