What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Very minor difference.

I have only done the boot at the moment, next week I'll be going to town as much as I can on the interior.

Without removing the dash to fully get the carpet out of the way at least

I'd be interested to see what difference you think it makes when you do it. I'm planning on doing it later in the spring, once I've dealt with the rot and got a new MOT on it :rolleyes:

Soldato
Found a dent in the rear wing. 4 months after a respray down the whole left-hand side of the car :(

Is there easy access to the rear quarter panel from the wheel arch or inside? I know this is a 10-year-old 110,000-mile car, but such a pain. It HAD to be the repainted side :(

jLgTgGT.jpg

H7MN9Mv.jpg

cl27uYD.jpg
Looks like an easy PDR job that.

Soldato
Fitted a new anti rollbar drop link to my 2001 Focus. Need to do rocker cover gasket as picked up on MOT however looking at the top of the rocker cover I'm thinking it might be a perished breather pipe.

Also stripped my CBR600 to figure out why indicator is dim. Wiring all looks ok and it only gets lighter when I undo the nut holding the indicator on and doing it up. When I do it up again it goes dim again so constantly stripping, cleaning threads up etc because it looks like an earth problem. Grrr!

Caporegime
MX5's rear brake caliper stuck on yesterday on the way home, brake material smells awful...

Took the caliper off and freed it all up, had to clump it one with a big hammer before I could get it off the disk.

Pads are toasted so I've got a new rear set. Test drive confirms the brakes are now functioning as they should again... :p

Replaced a drop link because I thought it to be the source of an annoying squeak, turns out that it was the source, but the drop link itself wasn't the issue. The cradle one end bolts into was pinching the rubber.

Fixed the horn, the wire had come off. Now I can express my displeasure again. Wait I mean, indicate my presence.

Soldato
Anyone have any suggestions about an issue on my RRS?

For the last couple of months, I've had an intermittent code P2135 OBD-II: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A / B Voltage Correlation. It would come on once every 1/2 weeks, then disappear for a while when I cleared it. The car didn't seem any different in terms of performance, it was simply the CEL that illuminated.

In the last week or two, it's started coming on more and more frequently, and has been joined by the codes P0139 (O2 sensor circuit slow response) and P0116 (engine coolant temperature circuit range / performance). The car still seems to run fine, although I did notice that the fan seemed to be coming on more often than before. The temperature gauge is fine and it isn't losing any coolant.

I tried cleaning the throttle body as it was very dirty, plus the throttle body electrical connector, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference. When cleaning it, I noticed a slight electric crackling noise coming from the throttle body electrics: it was barely audible, and I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

I can get a new throttle body and I'm confident enough to fit it myself, but as they're not particularly cheap, and returning stuff where I live is a nightmare, I'd rather be sure that's the issue before I go ahead and order one. To me, it totally makes sense that it would throw P2135 and P0139, but the P0116 is bugging me a little as I can't see how that would be related to the throttle body.

Any ideas? Should I just go ahead and change it or is there something else it could be?

Man of Honour
On the EP3 (completely different car, I know!), if the secondary O2 sensor fails then it can log a few random fault codes which don't appear to make much sense. They tend to go around the 60k mark. Might be something similar?

Soldato
On the EP3 (completely different car, I know!), if the secondary O2 sensor fails then it can log a few random fault codes which don't appear to make much sense. They tend to go around the 60k mark. Might be something similar?

The throttle position code appeared long before the O2 sensor code though, and my thoughts are that a faulty throttle body could cause overfueling which would throw an O2 sensor code.

Back
Top Bottom