What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Nailed a curb this morning - bus coming the other way decided that he didn't want to give way and squeezed past me, forcing me over. Needless to say I'll be contacting the bus company to request that they pay for my alloy to be refurbed.

Soldato
I'm sure he had the explanation in his post pre-edit. As I recall he was following someone who braked quite suddenly in the wet, and due the "lack of ABS and the wet weather" (and him clearly being too close for the conditions) he rear ended them. Apparently the bloke was very cool about it, just asking if Acme was okay, and then they both drove off merrily ever after.

Caporegime
Yes I did but I thought I'd just trim it down for comedic effect. :p

Ive reflected on it now and it was because I wasn't looking where I was going, basically.

Car in front of me slammed their brakes on whilst my eyes were on an oncoming car trying to figure out what it was doing. When I looked directly in front of me again I didn't have enough distance to stop, it was dark, wet, no ABS, I jabbed the brakes in a panic which made all the wheels lock up, and I barely had time to let off them and get back on them before giving the car in front a little love tap.

Was all super slow speeds. Was only going 20 - 25 to start with, maybe 10 at point of impact.

He was really nice about it, not a shred of anger in his voice. I said sorry etc, we both had a good look over the back of his car and couldn't see anything and he didn't seem to care anyway, just said don't worry about it and sent me on my way. I'm sure if it had been a 2018 5 series instead of a 2006 107 it would have been different... :p :eek:

Yes I have crashed it twice already. Once while drifting on a wet roundabout, once on a snowy roundabout. I'm very lucky to have my own private roundabout. :o

It also had rear end damage when I bought it. Poor little car.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a close one this morning at a roundabout where someone seemed to have layered diesel over the entire thing, plus the 50 meters leading up to it. So much I could smell it inside the car :/

Struggled to stop, wheelspin when pulling away and rear wiggled all the way round. Anyone on a bike would have no chance.

Man of Honour
Put my foot down in a way I haven’t for ages along with another car. I think he enjoyed. Can’t beat the V8 pull at high speed.

A colleague of mine had their jeep stolen off the drive last weekend. Then had the replacement car stolen from work at the start of the week! Crazy.

Soldato
Was driving back from Germany a few days ago when my TPMS system threw a warning up so I checked the pressures out on the display and the rear left was down to 1.9 bar/27 psi instead of the 2.9 bar/42 psi it should have been. I checked it out and saw a screw in there. Of course the car has no spare so I inflated it and kept tabs on it but it held up fine for the last few hundred miles home. Finally got round to taking the wheel off today to get to a tyre place to repair it, since I dislike only changing one tyre at a time and the two on that axle have about 4.5mm left and annoyingly found this:

tyre.jpg

Ignore what looks like a nail at the top, it's just a petal, but that's a screw and a nail in the same tyre a few inches apart. The cost of two repairs (£30) meant I was most probably ditching it anyway (new tyre for this car is only £80) but that decision was made easier when the tyre place said they wouldn't repair it as they're too close together. Did they fob me off or are these indeed too close?

Either way, I'll get a pair of new tyres and keep the one decent tyre to put on my spare alloy so it's worked out well enough.

Permabanned
Tried out the adaptive cruise control's ability to render the driver's feet obsolete in a slow moving traffic.

It moves and stops itself, mazing,

I still hover over the brake pedal just in case the ACC system goes crazy HAL on me and starts
singing Daisy Daisy and floors the engine and ploughs into the car in front.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Tried out the adaptive cruise control's ability to render the driver's feet obsolete in a slow moving traffic.

It moves and stops itself, mazing,

I still hover over the brake pedal just in case the ACC system goes crazy HAL on me and starts
singing Daisy Daisy and floors the engine and ploughs into the car in front.
I read the news; much more effective use of time!

Back
Top Bottom