What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Bedford, Combe, Goodwood need it for. It’s 105db static thats the problem. Stock exhaust.
Same as Oulton Park then.

If it's stock exhaust I very much doubt you would need it. Have you been on a track day before?

My car reads at 86DBa static with a de-cat and full 3" resonated system. On track it easily passes noise even with a screamer pipe. I know Bedford can be a bit funny but you should be able to drive all day there with no problems using stock exhaust. Just take it with you just in case and see what the noise read out says, you will be surprised. They don't immediately kick you off the track after going over the noise, they will pull you over and ask you to rectify it, then you can stick the baffle on if need be.

Soldato
If it's stock exhaust I very much doubt you would need it. Have you been on a track day before?

My car reads at 86DBa static with a de-cat and full 3" resonated system. On track it easily passes noise even with a screamer pipe. I know Bedford can be a bit funny but you should be able to drive all day there with no problems using stock exhaust. Just take it with you just in case and see what the noise read out says, you will be surprised.

Just going on other owners reports. I think I’ll be ok at Bedford but only just, wont make Combe which is my local track and would like to go again.

Not done any days in the 4C yet, but did 2 in the Z4 which was indeed quiet iirc 87db static.

Caporegime
Did the headlights on the Corolla, they are massive.

Done this a few times on diff cars and still a nice thing to see them come up so well after the work. You also realise how much light was missing before when driving. Tried the 3M kit this time and was impressed.

Sb0OUBhl.jpg

H6uKsHNl.jpg

Also went to replace mid-pipe to rear silencer gasket as it was blowing only to find my rear silencer has rusted / split at the seam. Will give it a go at brazing tomorrow.
Otherwise it's looking like a trip for a T sport breaker for a stock rear silencer as they are getting rare now.

did you seal them afterwards with UV sealant?

Soldato
Broke it

CctYMuFC.jpg

hit a pothole rather painfully

double puncture possible damage to 2 wheels and the rear suspension has dropped on the drivers side

this is going to be both expensive and painful

Soldato
8ghGIAEu.jpg

the offending pothole,

1rrt4q0f.jpg

right way up this time, back to the workshop by 6 :(

currently shopping for wheels/tyres suspension and new fillings

Associate
Holy crepe that's a big old pothole, hopefully you'll have some luck getting money back from the Council but it seems a lottery as to whether they'll pay out regardless of whether it meets the stipulations of when they will!

Soldato
only bonus is some of my other pics clearly show it marked up for repair faded paint suggests the council has known about it for a while i'd guess.

Soldato
went back this morning and managed to get some pics with a coffee cup completely in the pothole :D:D

pictures dont really give an idea of just how deep it is

Associate
Today I finished the job that a Honda main dealer technician failed to complete this morning! It was in for a warranty repair on the rear seat folding mechanism, which they replaced without issue. But the technician left the seat trim hanging off the seat frame, so I was there outside the dealership putting it back together myself. I didn't have time to go in and tell them, and then wait for them to complete it. It's a minor thing but a bit "half a job" isn't it.

Back
Top Bottom