What have you done to your car today?

Washed off the car with my new bilt hamber auto wash, korrosol on the alloys, decided not to clay bar as I'd run out of daylight before finishing so just chamois leathered it off and went in.
Now it's decided to rain! :mad:

Golf mk1 project..

Welded new rear wings on, filled and sanded and primered..

Welded clutch plate in bulkhead.

renoved surface rust in boot and welded up.

Purchased bigger drive shafts and hubs for bigger engine :-)

416398_702485689767288_566932113_o.jpg

Got myself a new front number plate. It will do for a car that does 1500 miles a Year mostly on motorway or track.

It is still bigger than sticker one my mate got on RX7 lolz

Rust came out this year from under honda badge. But bonnet is getting sorted this weekend if weather is nice. Got all needed stuff in today . I did fair bit of spraying so will be fun time.
Just love working on my car :)

The Civvy's in for the first service since I bought it, 4th year/50k. Filters and fluids. Now I get the 'courtesy' car of a 1.2 Honda Jizz that is really too much hard work for motorway driving and feels utterly numb on other roads. It's a hateful little tin can.

Got the car put through its MOT and failed because the lights were to low, immediately remembered I had forgotten to reset them to standard after playing with them a few weeks before so ten seconds on the laptop and up they came, so passed with no advisories. Not bad for a 12 year old S3.

Although the MOT tester said all HID'S should when turned on raise and lower and shuffle side to side to get there correct level and when I explained that it's not possible for my car to do this (lack of side to side motors for one) and told him it doesn't need to search up and down because it already knows the level of the car and then had to explain how if the car was parked on a level it would adjust but it's on a flat testing ramp so it won't utterly perplexed him to the point he read the vosa guide on HID'S, this is a factory kit fitted to all S3s and TT's so I'm pretty sure there would be some unhappy customers if every car in the country would fail!

Ok boys here we go. Started on my bonnet today:
1085223_703024119713445_1660139133_o.jpg

1074864_703024123046778_1083634659_o.jpg

977605_703024126380111_1448122531_o.jpg

Lets hope it wont rain over night :D. First layer of fiberglass body filler on the car to get those holes sorted.
We see how it hoes tomorrow :)

Still no luck for second hand carbon bonnet thats not f&f style and at descent price :P

At lest i got something to do over the weekend :D

Today, I found myself disappointed that I didn't leave a mini cooper S dagdag edition for dead on a fast road. There was no boost whatsoever due to my coolant temp being -10! Car was in limp mode because of an 'error in the mapped cooling system'. :(

Turned it off and on again, temp came back. Can't explain that.

Today, I found myself disappointed that I didn't leave a mini cooper S dagdag edition for dead on a fast road. There was no boost whatsoever due to my coolant temp being -10! Car was in limp mode because of an 'error in the mapped cooling system'. :(

Turned it off and on again, temp came back. Can't explain that.

Vw turbo?

I gave the car a clean, put some air in the tyres, and shifted a load of spares into the boot and then watched it be driven away by a 19 year old who has already written off two Saxos!

Been driving the beast around (1.4 civic) and getting 45MPG. I have never seen anywhere near figure's like that before in any of my cars.

The ST220 doesn't even get half of that on the same journey.

Back
Top Bottom