What have you done to your car today?

Yup, £2.5-3k worth of car after looking on AT and that is the price of pre-facelifts. Engine is a 1.4.

Will not be selling it though, mrs loves it and wants it.

To be honest, if My mrs didn't know the family so well, it would have been sold on already, regardless if she liked it or not. Have to show some respect in this situation though.

Serviced it, fuel filter too since the last one got bent and mangled by a speed hump (smart idea putting it really low under the floor BMW :/).

Engine sounds really good now and no more spurious misfire at idle. I thought it was due to a vac leak but maybe one of the plugs was iffy.

Anyway, since there has been a lot of conjecture about crap in fuel tanks on here, I decided to take the old one apart and have a look. What I found in there was a clean looking filter paper with no foreign objects whatsoever.

Had the dents taken out by an old school mate that now runs a "panel perfect" mobile dent removal company £50 and I now have a straight car again. (3 doors)

it was the wheel nuts, tight to the hand lose with a tool :o

I blame Taken and his 'tightening' :D :D:D:D

thank **** for that

*wipes brow*

To Silverstone!!

Damn noob Type-R owners :D:D:D

Lucky you weren't driving around on them at speed.

Always check they're done up to 108Nm!

New front brakes went on yesterday. Focus ST170 Mintex 300mm discs, Mintex pads, Mondeo Mk3 calipers, HEL braided lines and ATE SuperBlue DOT4. :)

20130720_152853_zpsdae502a6.jpg

Disc looks to be the wrong side ? Groves will not do anything that way round if that is the front right. Not seeing the point of the dimples either tbh.

What car is it Fiesta. ?

Groove direction is less important than vane direction. Are the vanes curved? The wont groove them in the same direction as the vanes either as it weakens the disk too much.

it was the wheel nuts, tight to the hand lose with a tool :o

I blame Taken and his 'tightening' :D :D:D:D

thank **** for that

*wipes brow*

To Silverstone!!

Jesus, I just listened to your video, that was some fair clunking :eek:

I swear on my life that I torqued those nuts up to 110nm. I went round the entire car.

I think you're forgetting that somebody took your wheels off to bleed the brakes a week later at Llandow ;) the same person who left a spanner attached to your bleed nipple which then flew off on track.. ;)

Steady on with the blatant DISCS ARE WRONG comments.
They might not be but that is why I specifically asked if there were any instructions as to which way to face them before pointing the finger.
As simon says, it's much more important the VANES on the vented part of the disc are running in the correct orientation (so as to produce a centrifuge) if they are directional at all

Back
Top Bottom