What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Had the Motorsport Developments 280bhp remap installed on my Focus. A modest 30bhp up from standard, but quite a considerable increase in torque - from 260 to 340 lb-ft. It's transformed it. It pulls quite a bit harder in every gear, especially at motorway speeds. 3rd pretty much feels like 2nd, and full throttle in 2nd is strictly a dry weather activity :D

It's added even more of a fun factor to how it drives, and I love it.
Awesome stuff... assume clutch etc can handle the torque increase as I know when I had my Saab, luckily I had the Auto which can take nearly 500lbs of torque but the poor old manuals could only handle around 390lbs... so all manuals had to be reigned in (2.8 V6's). Not sure what the specs are on the ST but I've always had a soft spot for the ST's and the RS (although more from the ST) as all I hear id bad things about mapping RS's? So many just crapped out etc, especially around the 2017 era...

Nothing better than free performance though... when I had the V6 Saab 93, that went from 256bhp/252lbs torque to 318bhp/444lbs of torque and it was like a completely different car... shockingly differently.

ENJOY!!!!!!

Soldato
I slung a load of it under my winter hack, as opposed to the usual ACF-50, several weeks ago. It'll be interesting to see how it fares. Like yourself, I'd seen it banded about for ages – so, when a Black Friday deal came up, I thought I'd try a load...

Soldato
I slung a load of it under my winter hack, as opposed to the usual ACF-50, several weeks ago. It'll be interesting to see how it fares. Like yourself, I'd seen it banded about for ages – so, when a Black Friday deal came up, I thought I'd try a load...

Will be interesting to know your findings. I’m an ACF-50 convert too and think another product would have to go some, to beat it.

Soldato
I've been seeing that banded around, targeted adds no doubt, the claims always seemed a bit to good to be true. Reckon it's worth it then?
Mate if I lived near you I'd show you. Mine's been on a year now and driven around 9.5k miles... and it's like new underneath. Personally I think it's amazing stuff. If you want to stop rust the proof is in the pudding. As a test I had a bar for the past 4 months, half in Languard and half without... the bar rusted to hell and like new under lanoguard.

So, they're on a big push at the minute probably why loads get FB notifications and all sorts. However, seriously consider it... forget wax oils and all that malarky I've used different ones. If I'd have had this a few years ago my RX8 would be with me today!

For me, any car underneath now would be sprayed in Lanoguard and all other parts in engine, doors bits and bobs spray in ACF50 and nothing ever rots... or is 100% slowed down.

Will be doing the wifes 350Z this spring now I know it works for myself.

Soldato
I've been naughty basically.

At the weekend I removed a nice 2 inch screw from the rear tyre and then plugged it as a temporary fix so we could get to the garage for some new rears today. Let me burn in hell and be judged for plugging a tyre. I know many Karens on the internets frown upon it with vigour.

I also fitted my new aftermarket HID kit to replace the poor halogens on our s-max. I did this without fitting the factory auto level system or washers, therefore let me burn in hell and be judged again.
In all seriousness - not that this makes them any less illegal - the light cut off is perfect and basically near identical to the halogens it replaced, since the car came stock with projectors which actually can run the factory xenons if spec'd with them, or as in my case, halogens. It's the same light unit. So £50 later online for a fairly generic but well reviewed H7 HID kit and it's pretty much plug and play with a very slight mod. The wife approves and said she can now see at night. I took it out for a long drive yesterday down back roads and wasn't flashed once. The difference is absolutely astonishing and I forgot how much of a difference it makes, having had them on a bike before.

Soldato
Well, I've recently acquired a 2017 Mk7 Fiesta ST.

I was disappointed with the dipped beam (dull, yellow) and since moving out to a village, needed something better.

Saw a couple of You Tube video of people who purchased Autobeam lights, so went from their dipped bulbs. Number plate light also needed replacing along with an interior light, so I just ended up buying the whole car light kit.

Fitted them all on Sunday (with exception of rear fog light as that involve removal of the rear bumper that I really can't be bothered with at the moment).

What a difference! Especially the indicator bulbs.

Only grumble is the full beam but I think I need to twist the bulb orientation as they should be like / \

Man of Honour
Couldn’t believe it when on a busy roundabout at rush hour a car just stopped on the exit of a roundabout and just sat there. Clearly lost, but who does that, I’m literally stuck on the roundabout. I’m on the horn for an age and they still aren’t moving. They then literally stop again to read the motorway entrance sign. Fortunately they then went back the way they came on the next roundabout (having stopped again on the roundabout to ponder the M25 entrance). I’ve never seen anything like it. Utter moron. There were plenty of places to pull in along the way too.

Soldato
Couldn’t believe it when on a busy roundabout at rush hour a car just stopped on the exit of a roundabout and just sat there. Clearly lost, but who does that, I’m literally stuck on the roundabout. I’m on the horn for an age and they still aren’t moving. They then literally stop again to read the motorway entrance sign. Fortunately they then went back the way they came on the next roundabout (having stopped again on the roundabout to ponder the M25 entrance). I’ve never seen anything like it. Utter moron. There were plenty of places to pull in along the way too.
This reminded me that yesterday I saw someone stop on a roundabout to pick their kid up from school! Bloody hell. Not as dangerous as a motorway exit but how do people even consider this an option?

Man of Honour
This reminded me that yesterday I saw someone stop on a roundabout to pick their kid up from school! Bloody hell. Not as dangerous as a motorway exit but how do people even consider this an option?

There are some unbelievably stupid people out there. I thought there was traffic ahead of the car until the penny dropped that they were contemplating reversing/turning back onto the roundabout.

Man of Honour
There are some unbelievably stupid people out there. I thought there was traffic ahead of the car until the penny dropped that they were contemplating reversing/turning back onto the roundabout.

Sadly not just stupid but don't give a care about anyone else either. Surprised they didn't just reverse into you to try and get you to move out the way!

Soldato
Not so much "done", but figured out that the latest software update has borked my ability to choose the default regen levels for each drive mode on the car. Not a difficult thing to deal with as I can change it with the paddles on the steering wheel, but it's nice to have the defaults where you want them instead of having to change each time you drive. :p

Soldato
Changed my first ever coil pack and spark plug on my 3.0 outback my gloves from amazon had not arrived yet so my knuckles look like I have been bare knuckle fighting :p. Replaced the battery and terminals and given it a oil change. Next up is brake disks and pads and diff and auto box fluids. Was my new years resolution to start doing stuff my self.

Soldato
No pictures but took a day out of work to drive down to Engine Tuner in Plymouth (from West Wales) to pick up the interior of my Evo.

I have a slot booked with an upholsterer to have the seats recovered and the plastic pillars covered in fuax suede/alcantara. Unfortunately, due to the ARP mainstuds required to complete the engine being out of stock almost worldwide, my engine wasn't finished it time so had to either miss my slot with tghe upholsterer or go get the interior. I've an old bucket seat which I left with them to use to move the car about and for me to sit in on the drive back when it's ready. Hopefully, they won't take long to complete.

I spent most of last week trying to sort these studs. Messaged shops in the UK, US, Aus, NZ, Japan and Russia looking for these studs and finally found one set in Poland. They're not here yet so fingers crossed they are the right ones.

Back
Top Bottom