What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Was the first thing I checked tbh.

New sd card installed send working again now

You drove into a curb to avoid getting hit by a bin lorry? I'd have just let it hit me, would've been easier.

With regards to the dash cam thing, check it every now and then and make sure you use a proper class 10 card otherwise it'll go to **** again.

Man of Honour
Annoyingly a lot of the newer SD cards, even the high endurance stuff aren't really that great for endurance - I've been using older Kingston ones in mine as despite not being "high endurance" they will happily record for months, well over a year, without a problem.

Man of Honour
Finally managed to break traction. There’s so much salt on the road, I seem to have a pile of it accumulating on the rear diffuser. I’ll be giving it a good wash this weekend. At least my wife’s car doesn’t need doing.

Soldato
zf61AdE.jpg

Pulled off my current tune :) popping on a stock one to restart the process and hopefully end up with something really dialled in by an expert in the states :)

Man of Honour
Experienced torque steer for the first time, holy crap, what is that, glad it was at relatively low speed :p - it seemed to engage a load of noisy corrective measures too. I can see why on this car they say to stay consistent through the corners and then to power out. Must remember I can’t drift the corner anymore.

Soldato
Experienced torque steer for the first time, holy crap, what is that, glad it was at relatively low speed :p - it seemed to engage a load of noisy corrective measures too. I can see why on this car they say to stay consistent through the corners and then to power out. Must remember I can’t drift the corner anymore.

What is it that you have?

Soldato
Seats for my Evo 9GT have been re-skinned. Also had the interior pillars and roof lining covered in dark grey faux alcantara.

51831884331_a9121c1250_c.jpg
I'm more interested in those RC cars, :)

Soldato
Did the pulley's on the 204 C63 a while ago. Fairly easy job to do, the only annoying bit was removing the fan, but apart from that, easy as pie. You've got loads of space to work once you get rid of the fan and the OEM parts are dirt cheap. The genuine ones are all made by Gates, INA or Febi and if you buy them from MB, they're about 4x the price of just buying them from Gates, INA or Febi.

bQchgKNh.jpg

Gp24RXNh.jpg

Pulley on the left, Genuine Mercedes at a cost of £140inc VAT. Pulley on the right was an OEM Gates pulley at a cost of £35. Note the tactical grinding off of the AMG logo and MB part number. So the extra £105 for the MB part gets you an MB branded cardboard box that it comes in. Well played Mercedes, well played.

Soldato
Also, did the clutch fluid on the FN2 Civic Type R. When i got the car the clutch reservoir had black snotty gunk in it and the clutch pedal was a bit spongey and not very direct. I decided to change the clutch fluid and from reading the bits and pieces online, they'd have you believe accessing the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder is nice and easy. ********! Had to take off the intake boot, and the throttle body to get to it, which wasn't a big deal. The only issue i did have was that I didn't realise the throttle body had coolant lines running to it (never seen that before!) so when i pulled off two of the hoses, some of the coolant in the pipes came flowing out - luckily not a lot! Anyway, with the TB out of the way and a willing assistant in the car to pump the clutch, it was pretty easy. The old fluid was very much passed it's best - the fluid in the photo is made up of around 50% brand new fluid, 50% old fluid and it still looks that black! The old stuff coming out was almost as black as used engine oil. Naturally, the clutch feels a whole lot better afterwards - would recommend!

kxGTZG0h.jpg

RUJRXpWh.jpg

QeuEl5Qh.jpg

Soldato
Finally managed to break traction. There’s so much salt on the road, I seem to have a pile of it accumulating on the rear diffuser. I’ll be giving it a good wash this weekend. At least my wife’s car doesn’t need doing.

Yea they seem to be using WAY to much of it lately. I can make one 10 mile trip to work and the car is already covered in salty crap. I can actually see piles of it building up in the middle of the lanes.

Man of Honour
Yea they seem to be using WAY to much of it lately. I can make one 10 mile trip to work and the car is already covered in salty crap. I can actually see piles of it building up in the middle of the lanes.

I don’t know why they keep putting it down every night. There’s been no rain to wash it off and there’s loads down now. Unless we have a good downpour, a bit of light rain and spray kicking up is going to be grim.

Soldato
I don’t know why they keep putting it down every night. There’s been no rain to wash it off and there’s loads down now. Unless we have a good downpour, a bit of light rain and spray kicking up is going to be grim.

Japan seem to do ok without putting tonnes of salt everywhere. Apparently they used sparking water to melt the snow and ice in places O_o

Associate
Purchased a 2017 Gla45. Not a huge fan of the dated interior, but love the new mercedes interior/ambient lighting so wanted to try a few things to replicate that.

This is standard - not a fan of that screen, looks dated and too small so had to go.
kss2T6.jpg

Changed the screen to a tablet basically, a lot larger, touch screen and customisable. Thought i'd add some ambient lighting to the panels as well at this point.
2m8jSM.jpg

Here is me fully committed to the project and deciding the new airvents with ambient lighting would look better :D
419WrD.jpg

And the finished result.
ZDSzlI.jpg

Added some floor lightning as well. All works with the standard ambient lighting controls so can change colours from the mercedes menu.
qLdY7g.jpg

Wouldn't recommend the airvent swap - the control box you need to piggyback onto is in the bloody passenger door.....Wiring from door to interior is not fun.

Man of Honour
Wouldn't recommend the airvent swap - the control box you need to piggyback onto is in the bloody passenger door.....Wiring from door to interior is not fun.

I wish car manufacturers would design this stuff better - I've done a few what should be simple tweaks over the years where it has involved removing like 10 panels and digging into a rat's nest of wiring... just to add a simple switch for something...

Associate
I wish car manufacturers would design this stuff better - I've done a few what should be simple tweaks over the years where it has involved removing like 10 panels and digging into a rat's nest of wiring... just to add a simple switch for something...

haha yes I feel your pain there. I assumed it would be in the centre console/dash somewhere and spent ages digging around there for it first. Wasn't any obvious instructions anywhere either :D

Back
Top Bottom