What have you done to your car today?

Until it rains, that's normally when you start to really feel the difference between even several different brands of good rubber - don't need to be going all out to feel it

Oh and just reading the tax posts (yeah ved, whatever) reminds me that I now have none! Shall need to resolve tomorrow.

Last edited:
Got my wheel back from Lepsons, they've done an amazing job. It's currently decorating my hallway until my friend comes on monday to help with the studs

adq8.jpg

:o

I NEED to get mine done asap. That's fantastic!

Air con regas, world of difference apparently recovered 25g. Very chuffed to have it operational again. Bargain price of 30 quid from ATS

Well you lost a lot of gas.....

You need a proper nitrogen leak test, not a 30 minute vacuum test. That's going to be £30 down the drain.

Today I carried on my conversion of making every bulb on the car an LED, this time it was the turn of the sidelights. Had difficulty getting them out at first as no matter what way they were twisted they just didn't seem to want to budge!

Finally got the drivers side one out and popped the first LED cluster in place, rather annoyingly this one has had 2 LEDs go pop :(

20130802_214418.jpg

Still gives out a large amount of light however and from a distance it isn't really noticeable, but will send a message to the seller from the bay that they came from and hopefully get another sent to me as a replacement, just so it's perfect lol.

Fitted and in comparison to the old one (looks blue here, is white in the flesh):

20130802_214538.jpg

The passenger side was a pig, none of us had small enough hands to squeeze in there and get the bulb out, so the air box had to come out, which made life a lot easier. Bulb got replaced and this left me with this:

20130802_215955.jpg

As I use the lights on auto 100% of the time, side lights are never on on their own, but my aim of this was to stop the horrible colour contrast that you got between the white Xenon light and the orange bulb. Quite happy with the final result:

20130802_220713.jpg

Rant

As always with ordering car parts online, you always receive it late, receive it incomplete, never receive it at all, receive the WRONG THIGN.

Same experience applies again today with the VANOS seal kit. i said on the phone that i wanted it PRONTO, i ordered it midday on thursday, ive had things arrive faster from GERMANY and this was only coming from Southampton, did it arrive on Friday, no, it took until saturday and hey presto, i open the package and its NOT COMPLETE.

so going by the standard seen so far, i wont see the replcement until wednesday. a WEEK to deliver a bag of o rings and bolts and i dont even want to say the cost because frankly its embarrasing.

so the same crap applies, you have to break these things down, order all the individual parts yourself to stand a chance of getting the right thing.

by the time this is sorted the world will be gripped by the ice age again and well have run out of petrol..... all for the sake of some bloody o rings

Stripped the rear seats, spare wheel, jack, tools and boot carpet out to see how the car is without all the weight, had to adjust the coilies as the rear raised up quite a bit without the weight pushing it down.

Oil and filter change. Mechanic said oil filter was the original, and the car is 5 years old... It drives so much smoother, is giving me better fuel economy and when in third and I give it a boot full, it responds a lot quicker!

Next on the list is 2 new rear tyres, a new air and fuel filter.

Managed to check 4 vehicles Aircon but not managed to check my parents car (my old Vectra) which seems to be having issues!!

Fitted Aero Bars to the 4007. Mont Blanc Barracuda roof bike carriers also arrived and they are absolutely awesome bits of kit, so simple but so clever in operation. Pics of those tomorrow when I head off with the MTB for a mornings riding of my local trails. So glad to get rid of the rear mounted rack which prevented access into the boot once fitted.

1ubwQTA.jpg

gYLv0ND.jpg

avMRgDW.jpg

YwopwPf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom